The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Problems Registering?

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anyone can read any of the posts on K9, but to post your own items you need to be registered.

I know quite a few people have problems registering so I thought it would be useful to explain the process and guide you over a few of the common mistakes.

To register on K9 firstly you need to complete the registration form which is started by clicking on ‘Register’ just under the picture of the 3 dogs at the top of the page. Complete the form with your required username and password, your email address and make sure you read the terms & conditions and tick the ‘I agree’ box. Click on the ‘Submit my registration button’.

After you click on this button you are taken to a page which explains that email validation is required for all registrations. This means that we need to know that everyone who posts on K9 is traceable and has a genuine email address. To do this an email is automatically sent to you (at the email address you gave when you registered) which you are required to respond to – until you do this you are NOT registered and cannot post items. This email will be from support@k9community.co.uk with the Subject: ‘Registration at K9 Community’ and contains your unique registration code. This email is sent immediately, you should normally receive it within 10 minutes although with some mail boxes it can take longer.

When you receive this email it will confirm your username and password and give you a link which you need to click on to complete your registration. This link starts with ‘http:’ and ends with your unique number such as ‘SID=3d46d03b765d23’. Clicking on this link will take you to a page on K9, which completes your registration. Because AOL users have to be different you will probably need to ‘cut’ the whole link given and ‘paste’ it into your browsers address bar and then ‘go’ to that address.

If you cannot manage either of the above methods there is a third option shown where you need to go to the web address http://www.k9community.co.uk/cgi-bin....CODE=05 and fill in the form shown with your unique code (the one given to you in the email sent to you) and your email address. Then just click on ‘Complete the registration process’.

It all sounds a bit difficult but it’s more difficult to explain than actually do and the vast majority of people manage to register without any problems.

There are 2 main problems people have when registering:

1) Incorrect email address given (mistyped, extra spaces, @ in wrong place etc)

2) Failure to complete the registration because they do not follow the instructions in the email sent from K9

Before you try to register make sure you know your email address – try sending yourself some email & see whether you get it. Almost every day I get bounced emails from people trying to register who have given their wrong email address. After completing the registration form on K9 you will get an email from K9 (usually with 10 minutes). If you do not receive this email you almost certainly have mistyped your email address. Another possibility here is that your mail box is full & mail is being rejected – try sending yourself some email.

Before you can post you need to complete the registration by following the instructions given in the email you receive. Failure to do this will mean you will remain as ‘Awaiting authorisation’ and eventually your incomplete registration will be deleted.

Hopefully that helps anyone who is having problems. If you still are unable to register please email me nigel@k9community.co.uk and I will try and sort out any problems – but please check that you give your correct email address otherwise you will never get my reply ;) .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back