The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

puffed a tick

an_an_an

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone!
I need some advise. Once a week i take my doggies for a forest walk. Coco puffed a tick last time. I'm very concerned about these insects. What do you use for ticks? collars, spray or smth else?

If they just get the occasional one, I'd use an Otom tick remover - they are very effective and efficient. If you can't keep on top of them, or your dogs are grumpy about having them removed, there are spot-ons, tablets, and collars that will repel them.

My dog used to pick up loads, and could get grumpy if I had a few to remove - I could hardly blame him, they tended to congregate on his boy bits :eek: He also wouldn't tolerate a spot-on (OK, he was grumpy in general...) and threw up the tablets, so I used a Seresto collar, which worked brilliantly - he'd only pick up two or three ticks across the whole summer.

There are health concerns about the collar, but most of the 'evidence' is anecdotal (cf the Wakefield MMR scandal), and Seresto say that their research doesn't show any concerns. But then they aren't completely objective... If you think the collar could work for you, do your research, and judge accordingly.

If they just get the occasional one, I'd use an Otom tick remover - they are very effective and efficient. If you can't keep on top of them, or your dogs are grumpy about having them removed, there are spot-ons, tablets, and collars that will repel them.

My dog used to pick up loads, and could get grumpy if I had a few to remove - I could hardly blame him, they tended to congregate on his boy bits :eek: He also wouldn't tolerate a spot-on (OK, he was grumpy in general...) and threw up the tablets, so I used a Seresto collar, which worked brilliantly - he'd only pick up two or three ticks across the whole summer.

There are health concerns about the collar, but most of the 'evidence' is anecdotal (cf the Wakefield MMR scandal), and Seresto say that their research doesn't show any concerns. But then they aren't completely objective... If you think the collar could work for you, do your research, and judge accordingly.

thank you so much! I will try Seresto collar than will share my experience

Hi everyone!
I need some advise. Once a week i take my doggies for a forest walk. Coco puffed a tick last time. I'm very concerned about these insects. What do you use for ticks? collars, spray or smth else?
We use a naturally based repellent and this works so long as I reapply every few days. It is not harmful to them nor us. At first they were worried by it as a spray and now I simply pour small amounts into my hand and rub it around. I would gladly share the name (from Mercola Market) but it I order from America and assume most wouldn’t want to bother. Highly effective and quite pleasant smell as well.

I am not keen on toxins because a few years ago I had several dogs who reacted badly to all of the variations and I used garlic tablets which really did seem to help but I can’t swear to that. If I wouldn’t want it on me then I don’t want it on my doggos as they share my space so closely.

Having said all that, ticks and fleas are totally undesirable and unacceptable and needs must!!

After years of herbal remedies I have given Sykes a Nexguard tablet and they are amazing...as soon as the tick gets on them the tick dies.....I took the decision to do this as when the dogs get on the sofa a tick got onto me and made its way into my belly button which was a real job to get to it as I have a real inny belly button :rolleyes::eek::(:p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back