The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Puppy Diarrhea & Sickness

Discussion in 'Puppy Forum' started by Cath S, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Cath S

Cath S Member Registered

Thanks both. Meant to say I am in no rush and will let things settle before changing. I have also ordered a food sensitivity and intolerance kit and want to see what those results are before deciding.

2. Cath S

Cath S Member Registered

Any recommendations. He has tried AVA before and it does not agree with him

3. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Can I ask what food sensitivity and intolerance kit you've ordered, please? Call me sceptical, but having had a quick look online some smell strongly of snake oil...

4. Cath S

Cath S Member Registered

5. JudyN

They claim to use bioresonance... Have a read of what Wikipedia say about bioresonance: Energy medicine - Wikipedia

They use a 'quantum physics machine' :confused: Sorry, but I think it's as likely to work as the X-ray specs advertised in the Superman comics I read as a child. Please, please take any results with a HUGE pinch of salt.

6. Richard & Patsy

Richard & Patsy Member Registered

I concur – a strong whiff of pseudoscience

7. Pascalina

Pascalina New Member Registered

Only have experience of the acid reflux. My dog has acid reflux sometimes. Would always be first thing in the morning. I had googled as not every day. I give him a meal before bed , protein based as apparently stays in the digestive system longer. I also entice vhim to have a little food as soon as he wakes, not easy so i have to make it yummy, just to get absorbing the stomach acids. This has helped a great deal.

8. Pascalina

Oops I may be putting my replies in the wrong bit, just started using this site, so sorry If this is so.

9. JudyN

It all looks fine to me, Pascalina:)

10. Cath S

Cath S Member Registered

Thanks for that. Interesting that you say protein. Freddie is still on chicken and rice and that has been what he has eaten last thing - acid reflux has been worse so was thinking of just giving him chicken tonight. Won’t be on it for much longer as he is not getting all the correct nutrients so hoping the transition off will help too. Just out of interest what have you been feeding last thing?

11. Pascalina

Half a sardine with some kibbles and a liitle chappie. I know Chappie is not greatest nutritionally but certainly easy on his tummy. So far for us this has made a huge difference. Tonight it will be the above with chicken, not sardines. For several days this will be the same. I think i said in other message, i am also managing to get something in his stomach first thing, its nit massive as he doesn't wake up dreaming of food, that has also made big difference. Then i do something with carbs, to speed it into gut.

12. Pascalina

I should also say, he is a fairly large dog and still growing, with reference to sardine/ food quantity.

13. Cath S

Cath S Member Registered

Thanks for this.

14. Cath S

Cath S Member Registered

Does anybody know in weight how much chicken and rice I should feed a 9kilo puppy per day? It seems to be working with the diarrhoea - i do need to wean him off but a bit worried I am now over feeding him as he is starting to do quite big poos!