The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy pass times

pongo111

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What keeps your puppy occupied at home?
Mine likes chewing milk cartons....anything plastic including water bottles.
she's not too bothered about the kong bones and other rubber bones.
sometimes i put treats in plastic containers which you get fruit and veg in from the supermarket and that takes her a while to get the treats out.
Any other top tips for keeping puppy entertained? :)

The Yaker's Himalayan chews are good, it keeps mine occupied for about 15 mins at a time and then I take it away from her for a while. Mine doesn't care about plastic bones either!

Sometimes I put her outside the living room, hide treats around the room, and then let her in and say 'find it'! She eventually learned that that meant there were treats and she had to sniff them out.

The Licki Mat is also great and will keep her busy for 10-15 mins.

A snuffle mat is a good idea too.

Someone on here suggested I join the Facebook group called Canine Enrichment and I'm so glad they did! I've got so many ideas from there in order to keep my pup occupied and entertained.

The plastic bottles and cardboard boxes are always good for puppies to chew on and destroy. Much cheaper and a lot more entertaining than expensive shop bought toys and chews.

Thank you so much both.
My puppy does love chewing cardboard, though I get a bit concerned as I'm sure she eats a bit too much of it during the chewing.
Off to google licki mat and snuffle mat :)

Thank you so much both.
My puppy does love chewing cardboard, though I get a bit concerned as I'm sure she eats a bit too much of it during the chewing.
Off to google licki mat and snuffle mat :)

I put some baby food, mashed banana, bit of soft cheese, etc on the licki mat and then freeze it. It lasts ages :)

Mine loves plastic bottles and she s definitely a cardboard chewer she also loves to chew pegs she can hear a peg hit the ground from 90 million paces

Our puppy loves just about any of the toys from the pet shop so we're getting good value for money from those, but she also loves any sort of cardboard tubes and twigs.

Unfortunately she also loves brightly-coloured rubber crocs.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back