The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy sold

Hollandx90

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My pug recently had puppies the last one to leave our home was billy tge perfect little pug puppy I drove 45 mins to deliver the puppy to its new owner to which I didn't mind as the new owner reimbursed me with fuel money when I got there she was delighted with little billy I asked her to keep in touch via WhatsApp as I have with all the other pugs new owner she was great the lady also had a chiwawa dog I asked is billy gonna be ok here with your other dog she said yes also she had a cat which worried me a bit but she said he would be fine so I left billy with new owner and came back home the lady kept me posted for 2 days everything was all ok apart from when she said billy was barking at the cat and she was worried I told he her he has to get used to his new home and everybody in it including other pets he's only a puppy 11 weeks old she said ok 3rd day I got a message asking me to take the puppy back she said she can't keep him due to her ill health and would I come and collect him I don't understand why she wanted him if that was the case can anyone advise me with regards to refund etc I have to take time off work to go back collect the puppy and will have to re advertise him to find a new owner which costs money fuel costs and my time would she be entitled to anything as far as a refunds concerned

This may not be what you want to hear, but as the breeder you are, and always will be, responsible for the lives you have created. So yes, you must take back this pup.

Whether she is entitled to a refund probably depends on your contract - does it cover returns, and if so does it specify conditions?

This may not be what you want to hear, but as the breeder you are, and always will be, responsible for the lives you have created. So yes, you must take back this pup.

Whether she is entitled to a refund probably depends on your contract - does it cover returns, and if so does it specify conditions?
Thank you for your advice

Did you sell the puppy without even meeting the new prospective owner, did she come and view the puppy with mum and discuss her home, family and work situation with you. Did you actually meet her in person ?

All the best for a speedy resolution. Sometimes people make mistakes. Sometimes doing the right thing costs us money we will never get back, and we just have to go with that. The most important thing is to do your best for the puppy. A better new owner may be just around the corner.

Did you sell the puppy without even meeting the new prospective owner, did she come and view the puppy with mum and discuss her home, family and work situation with you. Did you actually meet her in person ?
Yes I did meet the new owner and her family as I said I drove 45 mins to deliver the puppy everything was OK when I left him there

All the best for a speedy resolution. Sometimes people make mistakes. Sometimes doing the right thing costs us money we will never get back, and we just have to go with that. The most important thing is to do your best for the puppy. A better new owner may be just around the corner.
Thank you my concern no is to get the puppy back home today and he will be back with its mum and grandparents I will then hopefully find a genuine person who will want him for life and not just for the weekend.

I would never "deliver" a puppy, I would expect the buyers to come and visit first, and for me to meet them with their family if possible too, and discuss their personal situation and then for me to make the decision whether they are offering the right sort of home for my carefully bred and home reared puppy!
Then arrange for them to come and collect at a day and time that suits you both.
A 45 minute drive is not too far and not that much distance that they could not have come and collected the puppy themselves.

I'm sorry.
I am a very suspicious person when I have a litter of puppies for sale, a pocket full of ready cash does not guarantee a sale in my books. I like to make the decision in my own time and will not make a snap decision.

It sounds too much like an online sale / telephone call.

At least the purchaser has contacted you to take the puppy back
I do hope you manage to retrieve the puppy in good health and manage to find him/her a well deserved happy home.

Like excuseme I get suspicious with regard to the buying and selling of pups. Just hope that the outcome benefits the pup and lessons have been learned.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back