The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy toilet help

HR87

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, I am a first time puppy owner. We got our puppy (girl) at just over 9 weeks from a bit of a dodgy guy she had zero handling, toilet training and hadn't had any vaccinations yet. She was the runt of the litter and we couldn't leave her with him as we had no idea what he would do if he couldn't sell her. It's now 2 weeks later and she is doing so much better nut we really struggling with her weeing training. She seems to have learnt to only poo outside when she can and we've only had a poo accident if the access to the garden was removed but we just can't get a handle on her wees. For example I just spent 20 minutes in the garden with her playing and then just siting calmly and she didn't do a wee, we walk inside the house and she immediately squats and dies a wee by the back door. We are trying to watch her constantly but she isn't giving us the signs that all the books say and she just goes. We tried puppy pads but she doesn't use them at all. We have a book and we are only doing positive reinforcement with treats but there doesn't seem to be any improvement at all. I just need any help thank you

She is very young, like a baby so don't expect too much from her. We have a page about toilet training that you may find helpful but do ask if anything is unclear, or you think doesn't apply.

There are other pages that may help too -

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back