The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy wee and grass

pongo111

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,
Does anyone know how to prevent puppy wee "burning" the grass.
I've seen something about rocks to put in the puppy's drinking water. Are these safe?
Otherwise watering the grass once she's been, but i can't keep that up realistically.
Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Thank you. i wonder how big they are as my puppy will try to eat/chew anything possible.
Will give em a try if they work

Hi @pongo111 - I have been in contact with @Dog Rocks who have sent me some to try out!

This is what they told me...

One pack will last 2 months but we always tell customers that it can take between 5-7 weeks to see a difference as Dog Rocks won’t repair lawn burns but just stop new ones developing! Therefore, in this time the lawn burns will hopefully started to repair themselves!

They are the size of pebbles I would say. They sink to the bottom of the water bowl so it depends on how much your dog likes water on whether they get them back out? :D

We have a 15% off voucher if you decide to try some!

Hi Guys
I have been in touch with Dog Rocks and asked what could I do if my dog was tempted to take the rocks out the water and they recommended the soaking technique.
If you soak the rocks in a 2 litre jug of water over night you can then use the filtered water in your dogs water bowl the next morning.
I found this technique very useful especially during the warmer months when I needed to top up my dogs bowl on a regular basis. Long as you keep the jug topped up, you will always have the filtered water on hand to use. My grass is looking better and its also great to know my little ones (not my children - my dogs lol) are drinking a cleaner sauce of water!
I also have a 15% of voucher code with free delivery if anyone is interested in trying them out!

Oh yes please!
With 6 girls all weeing on the front grass it is looking quiet a mess!
I will however speak to my vet first just to make sure they are completely safe!

Oh yes please!
With 6 girls all weeing on the front grass it is looking quiet a mess!
I will however speak to my vet first just to make sure they are completely safe!

We have discount on the website for 15% off dog rocks too :)

I have just had a look and can't find it!!

@JudyN
Oh yes! I was looking through the "products" list, but the Top of The Page is much easier..
Thank you :oops:

Don't worry, I do the same sort of thing, @excuseme ! Hiding in plain sight, as the expression goes;)

That always happens when I'm looking for something in the house.... there it is right in front of me :emoji_face_palm:

I'm glad someone asked this - I have now bought some!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back