The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pups

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:) Me too, a little run up the track makes them feel part of all the commotion that is going on around them, I'm sure they run further than that when there having a free run, no damage done Haylee, ;) Flash enjoyed it. :thumbsup: Di
free running is what it says ,the dog usually does its own thing. (ours are free run from 10 weeks)

but when you put them behind a lure they will give 120% to catch the lure,and at the pick up go in to fast and hard due to not knowing what they doing. due to not been set up injurys can be caused. pups pick up injurys without been behind the lure as i have found out.( ask your osteopath his opinion)

chasing is in the breading . great example last w/e johng little bitch not schooled at all 16 month,she had a hand slip at easington went round like a goodun.

can anybody tell me where all the pups go,puppy champs lucky if there are 10 dogs entered????????????????

folk will school when they think there dog is ready, each to there own :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its getting a little out of hand each to there own we all have our own ideas for bringing on pups we go with what advice we have down here in cornwall which is not alot?We had a bad experiance with previous pups which where left to late and started barging and has never got to race.This has all gone off topic all the pups from this litter look great and have all gone to good racing homes i wish them all the best of luck. ;) Maybe we should start a SENSIBLE debate on a new topic when pups should start to be schooled i would start it but dont want to be shot down (w00t) as i am learning all the time about the sport? :thumbsup: Dont want to fall out with anyone but somethings are good to talk about and hear others opinons.

I think its getting a little out of hand each to there own we all have our own ideas for bringing on pups we go with what advice we have down here in cornwall which is not alot?We had a bad experiance with previous pups which where left to late and started barging and has never got to race.This has all gone off topic all the pups from this litter look great and have all gone to good racing homes i wish them all the best of luck. ;) Maybe we should start a SENSIBLE debate on a new topic when pups should start to be schooled i would start it but dont want to be shot down (w00t) as i am learning all the time about the sport? :thumbsup: Dont want to fall out with anyone but somethings are good to talk about and hear others opinons.
carole taken it up :thumbsup:

marley seems to be the bigum 35 lb and leggy,steves are longer and shorter, 30 ish lb,be interesting when they get going,any pics of the other7 pups :) ??

bonny lad :luck:

030__600_x_450_.jpg

i can only go on my own experiance and the first dog i had Jake ( Spellbound ) was free run like vicky said from having his second jab and went to club every week, and at 5 1/2 months old and only 13 1/2pound i was adviced he was ready for a little run 50yds by someone who as raced dog for 25 years, knowing what i no now i would never have put him behide a lure, his first run and went straight over and broke his leg, he was very lucky and went on to be a great little racer and stud dog, but just put me off running my pups early i free run them as much as they want and let them have a play with the rag, but would never run them to it that young, but like i say each to there own and like karen says you know your own pups better than anyone and yes jake could have broke his leg just free running ! i just felt it was me that let him down by making him run instead of him running as fast or slow as he wanted to,

good luck with your pup's

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back