The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puzzled About Tess's ?season

OEH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm now thoroughly confused. The day I posted about nickers Tess left a drop of what looked and smelt like season blood on OH's trousers, she behaved like it was and tried to lick it off, but that was on Saturday and we are now Wednesday and there has been no further physical sign.

For about a week before that boys had been interested and she had been sitting down very firmly when anyone tried to sniff and she has been behaving very stroppily so that all points to season.

She was due several weeks ago. On our vet's (a very good grey vet) we suspended her season for two months to give her 9 more hydrotherapy sessions to allow her back to finish strengthening before the season stared and the ligaments loosened. She had her last injection on 29th December and apparently this meant that she was due 6 to 8 weeks from then which means that the latest he expected it was 23rd Feb, but he did say that this was by no means set is stone. What I am trying to say is that she is definately due.

But as I said no physical signs and she hasn't been cleaning herself any more than normal.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
As the season was surpressed she may not have a proper first season after the injection. That is why they dont recommend surpression if you are hoping to breed from the bitch.

We had a greyhounds season surpressed quite a few years ago and this really messed her seasons up it took 2 years to sort her out, we said wed just let nature take its course in future, hope Tess sorts herself out soon.

She might have a funny one as a result of the injection. (I totally understand you wanting to finish her treatment and your reasons for supressing it), OR is it possible it was a bit of anal gland fluid?

Wendy

OEH I have a bitch "in season" at the minute and her seasons are always odd (apart from the fact that this time she is 2-3 months early). I think she came in the same day as Tess ??

Our elder bitch has been acting strangely and licking Blaze for about a week then I noticed Blaze had some dried brown on herself which she was licking at. The following day there was a spot of brown but nothing more and today (4th day) there seems to be a little more brown.

Although no blood yet this is what happened in Blaze's last season and I know she's "in" as Kerri keeps sniffing at Blaze's bits and Blaze keeps grumbling at her, Blaze is also very touch feely and sticks her tail out (more than usual) when you rub her back).

I'd say give it a couple of days and wait and see, have a check now and then too see if you can't spot something. I expect Blaze will start bleeding proper in the next 3-4 days (I hope) :b .

Blaze is in proper today 8) - How is Tess ? Was it a false alarm ?

Well done Blaze :D

Still no sign of anything more from Tess :blink: I am going to take her to see a boy (Moriarte's Gelert) this afternoon to get a second opinion :lol:

Blaze has her season pants on - across the back they say ...

... Look out here comes Little Miss Trouble :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back