The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Quick Question

whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
can you tell me how much a whippet eats please at the moment i am feeding him a few handfuls of mixer and 1 tin of dog food.She still seams hungery and the last few days i have ended up giving her a bit more mixer and an extra half a tin of dog food is this enough or should they eat more or less than this

whippets said:
can you tell me how much a whippet eats please at the moment i am feeding him a few handfuls of mixer and 1 tin of dog food.She still seams hungery and the last few days i have ended up giving her a bit more mixer and an extra half a tin of dog food is this enough or should they eat more or less than this
hi

it depends on her weight..her age...her activity level...what kind of food you are feeding her etc..

if you give us some more info we could try and help :thumbsup:

p.s what colour is she and where did you get her...just to be nosey :lol:

She's 12 months old isn't she whippets? firstly how bigs the tin and what sort is it? I personally don't feed tinned food just my preference I feed raw, but as she's still young I would give her some breakfast weetabix/scrambled egg ect and the tinned food and mixer for her tea, like Kaz says a lot will depend on her build and how much excercise she gets, does she seem under weight to you?, has she been wormed ect all these can make a difference on her appetite :thumbsup:

Also have a look in the FAQ section lots of advice on feeding regimes there :luck:

it is a normal sized tin and is PAL and the mixer is little squares from wilkinsons. She was wormed about a month ago but i dont know how much she weighs. I think her weight is ok because you can only see 3 ribs but she might need to put a little bit on she gets about and 2 walks a day for about half and hour to three quaters of an hour.thanks luv whippets

if you can see 3 ribs he probably is about ok?...although its difficult to be sure without seeing him...imo i would say most dogs will eat more if they had the chance anyway :p but always try to feed the best quality of food you can afford...you sound like you love your whippet very much and are trying to do the best for him

as lesley suggests read the information in the FAQs and keep trying to learn as much as you can :thumbsup:

p.s is it a girl or a boy..in some posts you say "she" and in some "he" :oops: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a she not a he i just try to type to quick and dont check for mistakes sorry!

whippets said:
She is a she not a he i just try to type to quick and dont check for mistakes sorry!
no offence ...just wondered :p ...im glad i can understand what you write now... you have stopped using all that text stuff...lol :oops: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back