The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Race & show day- sept 13th askern, doncaster 5 mins from m62

Sirlurcherlot

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lurcher Link is holding a fun race and show day on Sept 13th with racing from 9.30 am, and showing after lunch (approx 2pm).
There are rosettes for 1-3rd, with the races being prebooked & pre paid to allow us to schedule the dogs in and ensure they all have sufficient rest between races. However there will also be fun runs on the day which are entry at the track side.

All dogs are hand slipped, and must be muzzled- muzzles are available to hire or buy on the day priced at £6-£7.
To keep things simple the showing is entry on the day at the ring side.

The event will be held at:
Askern Greyhound Stadium
Selby Road
Askern
Doncaster
South Yorkshire DN6 0ES

Entry is £5 per person, scheduled races are £2 per race per dog, fun runs £1 per race per dog, showing £1 per class. :thumbsup:

If you would like to enter a dog for racing please email me on fiona.delahunty@btinternet.com or leave a message on Lurcher Link so I can send you payment details and enter the races you would like. The races are as listed below, but if you have any questions please contact me!

The race day is also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/257008751156362/

Lurchers (any cross) under 23" :
100m Race
225m Race
425m Race

Lurchers(any cross) over 23" :
100m Race
225m Race
425m Race

Lurchers unders & overs:
840m marathon

1,000m Super Marathon
Entry by invitation only. If your dog has previously run in this marathon and would like to enter again please let me know.

Bull Cross Lurchers - please state if your dog is over or under 23" as we may split the races if necessary.
100m
225m
425m

Terriers:
100m Dash
225m Race

Whippets:
100m race
225m Race

Greyhounds:
225m race

Young Crocks for dogs who have been injured and are unable to race up to their ability:
100m Dash

Puppies (6-12 months)
100m gambol about

Old Crocks the Grandparents 9 yrs + who are unable to run in the open racing, it's for the Grandparents of this world. You are welcome to run older fit dogs in the open racing, but you cannot run them in the open races and the old crocks race.

100m Dignified Canter
225m Brave Charge

Other sighthounds excluding greys & lurchers
225m

All breed (non sighthounds)Please state what breed or whether the dog will be under or over 23" approx.
225m

Children's race:Free entry on the day.

100m dash or as far as they want to go, free for all the kids to enjoy.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back