The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Club

no1boxingteacher

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
H im new on this site and was just wondering if there is a whippet racing club or terrier racing club near me i live next to epsom downs or epsom race course (horse racing lol)(surrey).

Ihave a Parson russell at the mo and would like to get a whippet and get into the racing whippet but like to join a local club 1st before buying one to learn all i can 1st.

Hope u all can help.

Dean.

:cheers:

Hi Dean,

Welcome to K9 :thumbsup:

You might do well putting a post in the ped and non ped whippet section aswell...you might be able to find out some more info there.

Good luck :luck:

no1boxingteacher said:
H im new on this site and was just wondering if there is a whippet racing club or terrier racing club near me i live next to epsom downs or epsom race course (horse racing lol)(surrey).Ihave a Parson russell at the mo and would like to get a whippet and get into the racing whippet but like to join a local club 1st before buying one to learn all i can 1st.

Hope u all can help.

Dean.

Hi Dean , my name is tina , I live in selsdon my husband Colin is always at Epsom Downs, If you have just joined K9 welcome, we do have a club in Detling which is near Maidstone there are also other clubs around my husband is asisstant Manager at this club so don't be shy you can contact us by e.mail for more detail's good luck tina&colin

I was reared on Epsom Downs and lived in Tattenham Crescent. I knew every blade of grass on it and every tree and path in the woods at the back. Spent many hours with my whippets there before my parents sold up and moved to Ireland in 1981. Will be over for the Horse and Greyhound Derby on Saturday 3rd June.

Last edited by a moderator:
no1boxingteacher said:
Ihave a Parson russell at the mo and would like to get a whippet and get into the racing whippet but like to join a local club 1st before buying one to learn all i can 1st.Hope u all can help.

Dean.

thats a sound atitude and very sensible in my opinion as there are many types of whippets and some are more suitable for racing than others. If you join a club someone there can advise you on which lines to look out for when buying a pup.

oh and welcome to k9

Last edited by a moderator:
no1boxingteacher said:
H im new on this site and was just wondering if there is a whippet racing club or terrier racing club near me i live next to epsom downs or epsom race course (horse racing lol)(surrey).Ihave a Parson russell at the mo and would like to get a whippet and get into the racing whippet but like to join a local club 1st before buying one to learn all i can 1st.

Hope u all can help.

Dean.

hi Dean

welcome to k9 just like yourself me and my girlfriend have just got in to whippet racing.thats what were doing 1st going round the clubs and learing before we buy.

were from shopshire so we will be joining the independent club in worcestershire but were ever u go me and tina have found very one so nice and friendly and it is good fun.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back