The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Clubs

mikadene

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi folks,

Can anyone tell me if there are any racing clubs in the Yorkshire area close to Doncaster. I know there were plenty of Non peds many years ago.

I have a couple of pups I would like to get out.

Mike

mikadene said:
hi folks,            Can anyone tell me if there are any racing clubs in the Yorkshire area close to Doncaster. I know there were plenty of Non peds many years ago.

Mike

maltby mate

Non-ped clubs are Maltby and Manton, Worksop.

No peddie's there at the minute but there have been some in the past. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lancashire races just off jnc 21 of the M62 give me a shout if you fancy a ride over.

How do we find out when there are meetings at Maltby? I would lve to go to have a look

Pauline

mikadene said:
hi folks,            Can anyone tell me if there are any racing clubs in the Yorkshire area close to Doncaster. I know there were plenty of Non peds many years ago.

Mike

i have a lure machine if you want to give your pups a run. :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the link,

Can anyone remember me when I was on the circuit. I introduced Sid Hunt to racing. I think he has just got fed up with it and stopped racing. Gillette is still alive I believe but sadly Sid no longer speaks to me. I taught him loads about getting the best out of his dogs. I used to run at Maltby and Langold worksop. Armthorpe, Askern greyhound stadium Dillington park, and many more. I would love to see if these little devils have any spirit in them. I may just turn up one day.

Many thanks all

Mike

Gilette sired two litters. One to Karen Wilson's bitch Nch My Cinderella 22lb(you may remember Karen or her mum Pat Blower). The 19lb bitch Rags to Riches (Fudge) can be seen racing at Manton Club some Sundays.

The second litter to Vicky Harpers (North West) bitch Taylor Maid 30lb. The litter was a cracking bunch of five dog pups. In particular 40lb Scratch Dog Avit (Scottish Champion) and Rch/Nch Maid your Point 29lb (he's been cleaning up on the bends this winter as I'm told his sire was apt to do).

Been racing myself not quite six years so personally I haven't a clue who you are :eek:

He seems to have done a bit of good then that old dog. lol. I can't understand why he hasn't been used more if he is producing some great pups like that. I understand the dog belongs to Craig Sid's son if I am right.

Well i was around the non ped scene in the 70's. Another Maid was the top bitch of the time. Black Maria took the 30 lb track record at Walton BWRA qualifyers. I think if I am right he did it in 7.30 seconds. he was a great dog but was brain dead. He was a born killer and would eat hedgehogs. As the trap doors went up he ducked under them and was 5 yrds down the track befor the others came out. I allways gave him to Sid to hold while I ran my bitch who was out of Rch Black Fox.

So when the lure started up he used to get hold of Sid's leg and give it a right good shaking. I had many a laugh over that. I remember the forming of the NWRF. I never had anything to do with it as I was the BWRA rep for Yorkshire. Is Whippet News still in print. I can remember going to the owners house to pick up the copies Now what was her name , I just can't remember for the life of me sorry.Well I'll be about one day. What I need is a good handler seeing as I am now in a wheelchair and walking 150 yards is just impossible. It would be nice to see some of the old faces again.

regards

Mike

(w00t) How did i not see this.

Hiya Mike, think i've pm'd you a few times for Sid's number, he was chuffed to bits to hear how Bombers litter were doing the last time we spoke, i could kick myself for leaving it too long as i think the old fella's probably past it now for another mating. I can never contact Sid these days, he's like the scarlett pimpernel.

Could you not try to get over to Highgate this weekend for the champs?

There's a huge thread here devoted to the Bomber x Ella litter.

Last edited by a moderator:
mikadene said:
He seems to have done a bit of good then that old dog. lol. I can't understand why he hasn't been used more if he is producing some great pups like that. I understand the dog belongs to Craig Sid's son if I am right.

Well i was around the non ped scene in the 70's. Another Maid was the top bitch of the time. Black Maria took the 30 lb track record at Walton BWRA qualifyers. I think if I am right he did it in 7.30 seconds. he was a great dog but was brain dead. He was a born killer and would eat hedgehogs. As the trap doors went up he ducked under them and was 5 yrds down the track befor the others came out. I allways gave him to Sid to hold while I ran my bitch who was out of Rch Black Fox.

So when the lure started up he used to get hold of Sid's leg and give it a right good shaking. I had many a laugh over that. I remember the forming of the NWRF. I never had anything to do with it as I was the BWRA rep for Yorkshire. Is Whippet News still in print. I can remember going to the owners house to pick up the copies Now what was her name , I just can't remember for the life of me sorry.Well I'll be about one day. What I need is a good handler seeing as I am now in a wheelchair and walking 150 yards is just impossible. It would be nice to see some of the old faces again.

regards

Mike

i can remember watching some good dogs race at costhorpe black fox /sir uncus/lady tramp/trixie/and many more .

i started racing dogs there my self i had a fawn dog out of bens lad x bens lady guess you know the legendry mr lenny richardson then

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back