The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Dog For Sale

Harold de Jongh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Top pedigree racing whippet for sale.

http://perso.orange.fr/levriers/bootleg.htm

Sire: 4 times national champion, 1 time world champion. Won 66 out of 88 races.

Dam: European champion + derby winner and won several races

Doing very good times on trials and is definetly faster than most of english whippets. Dog is 100% OK and never had injuiries. Because of full kennel I have to do him away.

Can be picked up in Nottingham.

Please only serious offers.

I wondered that too. Anyone who was interested could always try showing the pedigree to the WCRA first and see what they say to this particular pedigree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be interesting to see how it would compare to pedigree racers.

No there will be banned dogs/lines in there .......Can't wait to see a European show bred try to get a passport :eek: ........and they wonder why our gene pools getting smaller :- " .......

Most Euro 'Whippets' are too big to go under the WCRA measure. If you're interested have a read of the articles I've written in WN over the last couple of years.

As I said we have seen 'Whippets' racing on the other side of the Channel that would step over Big Ron with out touching his back!!

It was suggested to me that my 20lb bitch could run with the Italian Greyhounds.

Rob Rixon said:
Most Euro 'Whippets' are too big to go under the WCRA measure.  If you're interested have a read of the articles I've written in WN over the last couple of years.As I said we have seen 'Whippets' racing on the other side of the Channel that would step over Big Ron with out touching his back!!

It was suggested to me that my 20lb bitch could run with the Italian Greyhounds.

What's the WCRA measure?

I'm interested to know what the height restrictions are too! I've tried looking on the WRCA site but can't find any information - only that overweight dogs will be disqualified!

am sure everyone on here knows!

There are a lot of European dogs that would weigh and measure in under WCRA rules :) .........It's just a shame that due to the back ground of some of the European dogs and their breeding we would be unable to race them as their pedigrees would be dismissed by the WCRA :eek: ........We would also need a 5 generation pedigree ......but then again in my experience if they want to be difficult enough the 5 gen peds out the window and they can go back as far as they want to dismiss the said pedigree :- "

Strike Whippets said:
There are a lot of European dogs that would weigh and measure in under WCRA rules  :)   .........It's just a shame that due to the back ground of some of the European dogs and their breeding we would be unable to race them as their pedigrees would be dismissed by the WCRA  :eek:   ........We would also need a 5 generation pedigree ......but then again in my experience if they want to be difficult enough the 5 gen peds out the window and they can go back as far as they want to dismiss the said pedigree  :- "
Can get a 5 generation export pedigree if that needs to be done.

Rob Rixon said:
Most Euro 'Whippets' are too big to go under the WCRA measure.  If you're interested have a read of the articles I've written in WN over the last couple of years.As I said we have seen 'Whippets' racing on the other side of the Channel that would step over Big Ron with out touching his back!!

I'd always thought the FCI limit was 510 cm, a tad over 20". I do know some countries have "friendship" racing where oversize dogs can compete with other big ones but don't win FCI titles. Perhaps Harold or some other European racer can fully explain this system.

Does the Whippet Club bar the progeny of say Ch. Taraly Malcom X from it's various shows? If it doesn't why does a sub commitee of the Whippe Club have the power to exclude dogs with KC recognised pedigree's.

Terry Smith

Terry & Sheila Smith said:
Rob Rixon said:

I'd always thought the FCI limit was 510 cm, a tad over 20". I do know some countries have "friendship" racing where oversize dogs can compete with other big ones but don't win FCI titles. Perhaps Harold or some other European racer can fully explain this system.

Does the Whippet Club bar the progeny of say Ch. Taraly Malcom X from it's various shows? If it doesn't why does a sub commitee of the Whippe Club have the power to exclude dogs with KC recognised pedigree's.

Terry Smith

It's correct that whippets must be under 51cm. Above 51cm is sprinter class, whicj is not very popular. But it looks like it's going to be possible to win FCI titles in the future in this class as well because we are having more and more difficulties to have the whippets under 51cm. Like human, whippets are also progressing in height. Maybe you all can find some usefull info via this link: http://www.commissievoordewindhondenrenspo...007.01.01_A.pdf

Harold

In answer to T&S, because they can! We let them. I don't know why a dog may be shown at a champ show, yet refused a passport due to its pedigree. Not that they (the WCRA committee) actually have to give you a REASON why its refused, they just have to say no. Of course they can't put it in writing, you can just hear the cash register ringing can't you? But WHY OH WHY were they EVER allowed to go down this road in the first place? Could they not see, as Hannah has said, that the end result would be a severe reduction in the racing gene pool? And how can they refuse a passport, yet be unable to do anything constructive about Mono/crypto dogs because it 'infringes human rights'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

am new to all this but let me see if I have this right. A european dog with paperwork that would allow it to show at any UK KC show inc Crufts (assuming qualified) most likely couldnt race at a WCRA event!

now pardon me for being an idiot if I have this wrong but why ever not? Is their a better explanation than because? surely if KC has approved the paperwork that should be the end of it subject to the necessary height and weight restrictions.

Lurch and his tribe said:
am new to all this but let me see if I have this right. A european dog with paperwork that would allow it to show at any UK KC show inc Crufts (assuming qualified) most likely couldnt race at a WCRA event!
now pardon me for being an idiot if I have this wrong but why ever not? Is their a better explanation than because? surely if KC has approved the paperwork that should be the end of it subject to the necessary height and weight restrictions.

Because the WCRA rules carry the rider that a dog must have "an ACCEPTABLE 5 gen. ped." . Now most of the european racers have at the back of them J' Andy Thor & some have lines going back to Good as Gold both English non-peds. In this day & age these dog appear on the 6th gen or even further back, so the 5 gen ped is all registered ped dogs. BUT!!! the 5 gen ped isn't "ACCEPTABLE" 'cos there are non-peds further back. See how it works? :D :D . That way everybody keeps the same cosy little gene pool while more & more little faults creep into it.

Terry Smith

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back