The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

racing in Newcastle upon Tyne

skye

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Please does anyone know of any pedigree or non-pedigree racing in Newcastle upon Tyne.  I have a pedigree Whippet & a Greyhound.

Hi Skye

Unfortunatly there are no Pedigree Whippet Racing Clubs in Newcastle, the Nearest one to you is the Northern Pedigree Whippet Racing Club we race on Sundays at 1pm at Chorley Lancs 5 mins off the M6 motorway jnc 27. we have a member who travels down from County Durham to race with us. if you would like more details you can e/mail me mark@whippet48.freeserve.co.uk for more details

I look forward to hearing from you

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info but I feel it is a bit too far away.

Would it be silly to race my Whippet against non-pedigree Whippets? She is nearly 3 now but is a chaser.

Also the greyhound I have is 5 months old.  Are there similar racing clubs for him?

thanks.

hello skye

i am also interesed in setting a club up in this area,

but in the meantime if you want,i can give you the

information on all the non-ped racing in this area(there is a lot) and on racing your greyhound.

my experience of non ped racing is that its fine to a

certain extent for training, but if you want to be

competitive you have no chance against non peds.

jeff

i am also interesed in setting a club up in this area,

but in the meantime if you want,i can give you the

jeff

It would be nice if you could get something going in the north east. Ped racing is poorly represented north of Birmingham.  You will get plenty of help & advice from other racers who visit this site on how to go about setting one up. I feel sure that your area, Cumbria & Yorkshire (especially Yorkshire) have enough ped whippets to each support a club. It just needs some movers & shakers to get them off the ground. Hope you get something going soon.

Hi Skye & Jeff

I know you are still working on forming a club, and have just heard there are a group of Scottish whippet owners who are also looking to set a club up in the Borders.

I've no contact details at the moment but I beleave that one or more of the group have access to K9,

Thought you might be able to help each other or join forces for a joint club.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back