The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Results.

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tony, young sam and myself attended the BWRA bend championships on sun 25th march at highgate greyhound stadium in barnsley. We entered 2 dogs True faith(30lb dog) and Agilemoo(28lb bitch) we felt we had a good chance with true faith but yet again our championship curse struck, after an excellent 1st heat (True faith) which he won by 4 yards, in the final he was'nt so lucky he got bumped like mad and was also boxed in on the rail which meant he could'nt go anywhere, so the poor lad finished 3rd we were a bit miffed but thats bend racing for you, luckily enough he came off sound which is all that matters. Enough about my bad luck heres the results of the championships.

Upto 36lb scratch- straight final

1st Uptown girl winning time 16.26

Upto 40lb Scratch-straight final

1st Anyones company winning time 16.45

No limit Ht 1

1st Black jack  2nd Harlequin winning time 16.56

Ht 2

1st Solo 2nd Kipper winning time 16.10

Final

1st Blackjack winning time 16.37

Veteran winner

1st Just right rose.

16lb Dogs

1st Colour blind winning time 18.75

18lb Dogs No entries

20lb Dogs

1st Kirby

22lb Dogs

1st Bossy boots winning time17.69

24lb Dogs

1st The secret winning time 17.22

26lb Dogs

1st Wor john winning time 17.37

28lb Dogs

1st Mad mick winning time 16.64

30lb Dogs

1st Hellbound winning time 16.88

32lb Dogs

1st Desperate dan winning time 16.71

16lb Bitches

1st Blue goblin

18lb Bitches

1st Geri winning time 17.47

20lb Bitches

1st Demolition blue

22lb Bitches

1st Mystical dancer winning time 16.93

24lb Bitches

1st Spot on winning time 16.97

26lb Bitches

1st Fluke winning time 16.83

28lb Bitches

1st Hot number winning time 17.11

30lb Bitches

1st Mustang sally winning time 17.04

32lb Bitches

1st Xstacy winning time 16.44

Supreme Dog Bossy boots

Supreme Bitch Fluke

Supreme scratch Anyones company.

Our region the north west did quite well,supreme bitch fluke is from lancaster, the 36lb scratch r-up is from my local club gin pit and our own heat winner true faith is a gin pit dog aswell.

Yet again the trusty primera was loaded with petrol, the fish paste butties were made and all 3 of us(me,tony and sam) plus 2 dogs Tiger(True Faith) and honking big pup Amber set off to blidworth on sun 29/4/01 for the lady tramp open, we were lucky the weather was nice and it was a good turnout, so here are the results.

No limit final

1st Last one left

2nd Bigland sue

40lb final

1st Pips pride

2nd Son of a bitch

Veteran winner

1st Rosie outlook (marillion+bonnie rose)

Puppy Final

1st Drama queen (our jack+marella)

2nd Little elsa

Upto 20lb dogs

1st Kirby (xspell+white princess)

Upto 25lb dogs

1st Cracked it (crazy cracker+xmas cracker)

Upto 30lb dogs

1st Mad mick (mickey mouse + sharpener)

Upto 35lb dogs

1st Sugar fire (xspell + dark peak)

Dog final

1st Mad mick

2nd Cracked it

3rd Kirby

4th Sugar fire.

Upto 20lb bitches

1st Dixies delight (strimmer+dixies dream)

Upto 25lb bitches

1st Xquisite (heartbreaker+xtreme)

Upto 30lb bitches

1st Between us (snow fox+little Ivy)

Upto 35lb bitches

1st Xstasy (xspell+Ghd)

Bitch final

1st Xstasy

2nd Xquisite

3rd Between us

4th Dixies delight.

Well done to everyone who won.

Sunday 20th may.The venue-carlisle, the weather-good, the racing- marred by re runs

An ok turnout of 48 dogs.

The latest trend for non ped racers at the moment in to stand at the side of the dogs trap coaxing them out, all well and good if youre dog is red trap, ( and youre doing the coaxing) but unfortunately if youre dog is in red trap you get some racer( at this point i wanted to type in naughty words but tony wouldnt let me)  wafting his hands and yelling AND standing in front of youre trap then that is not on, I saw this a few weeks ago where a well known racers dog was in orange and he was standing in front of red trap yelling. this practise should be stopped as it appears to be getting more popular, it appears to me that the "famous" racers are doing it so the wannabes copy them. The running surface at carlisle is one of the best in the country but a concern about carlisle was that the track wasnt even fenced off, not even a cone insight, this was concerning as

A) who knew where to stand???unfortunately mindreading is not my strong point.

B) I felt it was dangerous as it was a public field with members of the public with dogs walking on the field, it would be a disaster if loose dogs got on the track. I also have a small child and had to keep him on close reins as there was no barrires/netting around the track.

Racing results as follows.

No limit

1st Kipper

40lb sc

1st Babysham

Pups

1st Jackamite

Yearlings

1st apache warrior

2nd biddy

Veterans

1st Tucker

2nd kiss n tell

Bitches upto 20lb

1st Daylami

Bitches upto 25lb

1st Black magic

Bitches upto 30lb

1st Fluke

Bitches upto 35lb

1st Bernie bolt

Bitch final

1st Daylami

2nd Black magic

3rd Fluke

4th Bernie bolt.

Dogs

Dogs upto 25lb

1st So slippy

Dogs upto 30lb

1st free n easy

dogs upto 35lb

1st Crack o dawn

Final

1st So slippy

2nd Free n easy

3rd Crack o dawn.

well done all the winners!

Another gripe, did I mention the lure kept breaking which resulted in several re runs!!

If anyone would like to comment on people standing in front or at the sides coaxing dogs out they would be welcome as i feel it should be addressed and banned.

A really good point about carlisle is the food stall ,cheap butties,pies and cakes were available, sam managed to eat at least 5 fairy cakes but at 15p each who cares!

(Edited by michelle at 11:17 pm on May 21, 2001)

Hi Michelle

Sounds like you had a fun day at Carlisle.  The food stall would appeal to me! :biggrin:

The thoughts of someone standing and shouting at their dog at the traps sounds horrendous.  Pedigree racing is different in many ways (not all better), but there is a rule that you are not allowed in front of the traps once you have put your dog in.  What would happen if someone doing this for the first time, caused their dog to come across the track into the others?  It could be nasty.  I will await further comments with interest.  

The big event of the the BWRA straight champs at old hall sat 25th and sun 26th august, a decent turnout and lovely weather what more could you ask for, (a champion!!!!!!!)

Results are as follows

16lb dogs

1st Tobana gold

2nd Mad image

18lb dogs

1st Colour blind

2nd 2 become 1

20lb dogs

1st kirby

2nd Xstatic

22lb dogs

1st Cracked it

2nd Bossy boots

24lb dogs

1st Shooting star

2nd Master blaster

26lb dogs

1st One more

2nd Lennox

28lb dogs

1st Mad mick

2nd Mouse trap

30lb dogs

1st Hellbound

2nd Desperate dan

32lb dogs

1st Minstrel

2nd The magician

Sunday was bitch and scratch racing, we had entered our 36lb bitch Hobgoblin, she hasnt ran competitivly since march 2000, she had badly broke her leg racing on the bends and she had a litter of pups in nov, so we gave her a trail in june this year and to our surprise she hadnt really lost any time, we were really chuffed to bits she got runner up in her class and set the 2nd fastest time of the day, reults as follows.

16lb bitches

1st Little miss dixie

2nd Michellebelle

18lb bitches

1st Sasperella

2nd ????

20lb bitches

1st Dancing wind

2nd Branca

22lb bitches

1st K-sera

2nd Xquisite

24lb bitches

1st Tina marina

2nd Not now rosie

26lb bitches

1st Between us

2nd Rosies double

28lb bitches

1st Babeesha

2nd Anoso

30lb bitches

1st Hi peak

2nd Saxon tiger

32lb bitches

1st Ballystorm

2nd Bella

36lb scratch

1st Sugarfire

2nd Hobgoblin(hurray!!!!!)

40lb scratch

1st Son of a bitch

2nd Stormbird

(congrats to the 40lb winner and r-up as they are both hobgoblins brothers)

no limit scratch

1st Jive talk

2nd Last one left

An enjoyable weekend with some excellent racing what more can be said.

michelle i'm a new member and ive just found this website so when i was looking through the BWRA straight champ i noticed that you put the magician as runner up but it was'nt because it was my dog Snowfire who picked up the r-up spot.

thankyou any way just for putting them on the web site

bwra champs r_up 18lb bitch was swift holly

SORRY ??? , I missed half the racing with 2 dogs to run and a 2 year old to chase around!!!! sorry swift holly and snowfire xxx

i all ays miss most the racing at big event so i tend to buy the vidios when possible ???  ???

Can anyone tell me the results for Sunday. I spent over 5 hours at A&E on Sunday as one of Jeds trophys fell of the unit and hit my wrist now its fractured and very sore.We wont be at any bend racing as we have no dogs to run just now so if someone could post the results I would appreciate it thanks

Here are the results of the BWRA Tyrone bend open 17/2/02

held at highgate greyhound stadium Barnsley.

36lb sc

1st trevors chaser

2nd sugar fire

winning time 16.07

40lb sc

1st go loco

2nd anyones company

winning time 15.95

no limit

1st wonderwall   :D

2nd stormbird   :(

winning time 16.09

yearlings

1st stepney 20lb

2nd coral 21lb

3rd time 26lb

well done steve on 2nd and 3rd :D   :D

veterans

1st akinda magic

2nd capt blade

3rd alabama n/r

winning time 16.77

17lb dogs

1st colour blind

2nd tobana gold

23lb dogs

1st bossy boots

2nd kirby

winning time 17.18

26lb dogs

1st so slippy

2nd the secret

winning time 16.88

29lb dogs

1st mad mick

2nd mousetrap

winning time 16.53

32lb dogs

1st hellbound

2nd black dip

winning time 16.37

BITCHES

17lb bitches

1st blue goblin :D

(solo)

20lb bitches

1st great company

(solo)

23lb bitches

1st k-sera

winning time 16.93

26lb bitches

1st spliffy

2nd cinnamon

29lb bitches

1st fluke   :D

2nd hot number

winning time 16.43

32lb bitches

1st show 3

winning time 16.34

dog l/w/r/o

1st bossy boots

2nd colour blind w/d

dog h/w/r/o

1st hellbound

2nd mad mick

3rd so slippy

winning time 16.43

bitch l/w/r/o

1st k-sera

2nd great company

bitch h/w/r/o

1st fluke

2nd show 3

3rd sliffy

overall final

1st fluke(27lb)

2nd hellbound(32lb)

3rd k-sera(22lb)

4th bossy boots(23lb)

winning time 16.57

An enjoyable day was had by everyone(esp the winners), It was good to meet up with the k9 regulars and have a chat.

Hopefully see you all at kinsley   :D   :D

Ps.....If I've made any mistakes or missed anyone out...I'm sorry ;)

hey michelle who got fastest time ;)

how did moonpie do as i missed his race,

fastest time:- for the first heat of no-limit I had wonderwall :D down as 15.72, apart from that the second fastest i had was sugar fires 36lb heat at 15.92.

We entered moonpie in 40lb in her heat she did'nt do anything but she traped with the other dogs and was ok till the first bend but took it carefully all the way round, we entered her in the consolation 40lb and she ran an awful lot better and was'nt last either :D   :D   :D , so considering she's just over 1, and has only ever ran with 1 other dog on the bends i was chuffed to bits- she did'nt mess up and came off sound- so I could'nt ask for anything more :D

glad to hear she finished sound,its really frightening to

watch when they are new to the bends,sorry i missed her

race have to keep an eye out for her at kinsley.

HI EVERYONE

WENT TO HIGHGATE 6 HOUR DRIVE UP ON THE SATURDAY THAY CLOSED M1 JN 29 TO 31 . STAYED WITH FRIENDS IN BARNSLEY HEAVY NIGHT OUT FELT ROUGH SUNDAY DOGS RAN WELL TOBANA GOLD NOW NEARLY 5 NOT TO FAR OF COLOUR BLIND DARK ELF SECOND TO KIRBY IN HEAT BUNCIE BOY SECOND TO MAD MICK IN HEAT WON HEAT IN CON THIRD IN FINAL OF CON ONLY 19 MONTHS OLD NOT BAD.SHOCKED BLACK DIP WINNING HEAT NOW NEARLY 5 SAME LITTER AS TOBANA GOLD .WELL DONE FLUKE AND OWNERS . AND EVERYONE WHO'S DOG'S RAN WELL OR WON.

is anyone going to henlow,if so could you post the

result's

Hi Michelle i can only see one mistake but just for Karen,s benefit her dog Coral was third my bitch Time was second i don't want her getting ahead of me as we disagree who's is fastest already and i know mine is thankyou Steve.

steve why argue with a woman you know there

alway's right :D   :D  ???

michell could you right the results down for kingsley today please

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back