The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ragley Hall Racing

Rob Rixon

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The next Warwichshire and West Midlands Game Fair is scheduled to be during the last weekend of August 2011. The Whippet Racers have been invited back to demonstrate the sport across the main ring again, to a similar pattern to that used before, with one major change - because the date has been shifted in the calendar of Game Fair Events the show will now run for three days and it is envisaged that the racing will be demonstrated on all three days, in both morning and afternoon sessions.

Therefore the first day will be on Saturday, 27th August; this will be the first two rounds of the racing competition. The second day of the fair, Sunday 28th August will see the third and fourth rounds of the competition and the Finals will be on the Bank Holiday Monday, 29th August. Entry to run will be free, but you will be required to book in. A programme of races will be printed for each round on the day.

As with other years Camping will be allowed from midday Friday, 26th August but may be allowed earlier in that week – through to Tuesday, 30th August. There will be no camping fees but you will require a pass to get into Ragley Hall Park estate – unless you want to pay at the gate!

It is hoped that owners will be able to run their whippets at all 3 days but we understand that this will not be possible for everyone and Veteran Races may be limited to once a day. ‘Day Passes’ will be required.

It is envisaged again that points system will be used and points awarded in accordance with each round’s results. So dogs that compete in all rounds are more likely to make the final. As at previous years cut-glass trophies will again be awarded to the Winner and runner up of the Main Final Race – which will be the last race on Monday afternoon.

Details are still to be finalised, as we have also been offered a section of the parkland where we can run our whippets totally separate from the event across the main ring. It may well be that this area is used for trials, not only for whippets but also for other dogs – as there are both Terrier and Gun dog events running during that weekend, their owners will be offered an opportunity to trial their dogs.

If you intend to race at Ragley Hall this year add these dates to your new diaries and if you have any comments or wishes for the extended weekend please let me know. All will be welcome.

Rob Rixon ;)

The next Warwichshire and West Midlands Game Fair is scheduled to be during the last weekend of August 2011. The Whippet Racers have been invited back to demonstrate the sport across the main ring again, to a similar pattern to that used before, with one major change - because the date has been shifted in the calendar of Game Fair Events the show will now run for three days and it is envisaged that the racing will be demonstrated on all three days, in both morning and afternoon sessions.
Therefore the first day will be on Saturday, 27th August; this will be the first two rounds of the racing competition. The second day of the fair, Sunday 28th August will see the third and fourth rounds of the competition and the Finals will be on the Bank Holiday Monday, 29th August. Entry to run will be free, but you will be required to book in. A programme of races will be printed for each round on the day.

As with other years Camping will be allowed from midday Friday, 26th August but may be allowed earlier in that week – through to Tuesday, 30th August. There will be no camping fees but you will require a pass to get into Ragley Hall Park estate – unless you want to pay at the gate!

It is hoped that owners will be able to run their whippets at all 3 days but we understand that this will not be possible for everyone and Veteran Races may be limited to once a day. ‘Day Passes’ will be required.

It is envisaged again that points system will be used and points awarded in accordance with each round’s results. So dogs that compete in all rounds are more likely to make the final. As at previous years cut-glass trophies will again be awarded to the Winner and runner up of the Main Final Race – which will be the last race on Monday afternoon.

Details are still to be finalised, as we have also been offered a section of the parkland where we can run our whippets totally separate from the event across the main ring. It may well be that this area is used for trials, not only for whippets but also for other dogs – as there are both Terrier and Gun dog events running during that weekend, their owners will be offered an opportunity to trial their dogs.

If you intend to race at Ragley Hall this year add these dates to your new diaries and if you have any comments or wishes for the extended weekend please let me know. All will be welcome.

Rob Rixon ;)
I hope you are allowed to get there earlier in the week. I hate bank holiday traffic and the world and his wife seem to be on the road on Fridays prior to a bank holiday weekend. :angry:

I hope you are allowed to get there earlier in the week. I hate bank holiday traffic and the world and his wife seem to be on the road on Fridays prior to a bank holiday weekend. :angry:
Hi

Sorry I haven't got back sooner but I'm still waiting for a reply from the organisers,

At the mo I can see no problem. :thumbsup:

I know some of the companies who have stands get up to a week to set up and another week to clear down.

So we should be able to go from Wednesday to Wednesday, not sure when the 'facilities' will be set up, but a soon as I get the nod I'll up date this thread.

Hope the weather will be good that weekend! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Sorry I haven't got back sooner but I'm still waiting for a reply from the organisers,

At the mo I can see no problem. :thumbsup:

I know some of the companies who have stands get up to a week to set up and another week to clear down.

So we should be able to go from Wednesday to Wednesday, not sure when the 'facilities' will be set up, but a soon as I get the nod I'll up date this thread.

Hope the weather will be good that weekend! :wacko:
I’m trying to sort out when we can turn up at Ragley Hall as it is rapidly approaching.

You said we may be able to stay Wednesday to Wednesday has this been confirmed yet and how do we go about obtaining passes etcetera

I’m trying to sort out when we can turn up at Ragley Hall as it is rapidly approaching.You said we may be able to stay Wednesday to Wednesday has this been confirmed yet and how do we go about obtaining passes etcetera
Hi Garry - and those who may be interested.

At the moment we can gain access on Thursday, 25th Aug around noon

and the organisers would like us off by Tuesday, 30th Aug. However, this all depends on the weather.

If the weather is good we will be able to get onto the site earlier and leave later as there will be no cutting up the grass.

It is likely to change to Wednesday - Wednesday but I will only know nearer the time. I'll keep those interested informed.

Every body who wants to camp will need a pass, those who enter on the day will need a pass (or pay on the gate the entry fee).

This is a free camping opportunity with water and loos, but you will need a pass to get through the gates.

If you would like to run your dog(s) on one of the days - or all three days. Please let us know. Sue Hoddinott is starting the list or you can contact me. :thumbsup:

Rob..

Racing in the Main ring will start at 11.00 - morning session and 4.30 - afternoon session.

All races have been pre-booked and the programme printed.

Any one interested in a Trial - it will be after the afternoon session starting at around 5.00

if your interested?

It is such a great week-end. I have a Ragley Hall champion, and it was special. Hope you get a good turn-out, we don't race or caravan now sadly xx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back