The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Recommend me a car dog ramp for Retriever please?

Brad Cahill

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Our girl has bad hips so want to get a dog ramp, she's a 3 year old retriever, anyone recommend a sturdy one not too expensive thanks?

I’m afraid I don’t know any ramps but hopefully someone on here will be able to help you :)

id be interested in a ramp to. i feel like part of my dogs car anxiety has to d owith me picking him up to put him i nthe seat

I bought from amazon for my 28kg lurcher it was a wooden one with a felt runway and it folded in half ...it was about £30

I got one from ebay, 'Easipet' (seller, far east direct uk), it was £32.99, light weight and plastic and folds in half. But I would say, depending on the height of your boot it may make the ramp too steep, I have a van and it is fine for that.
I would take some measurements before you buy..and check out the max weight it can hold ;) Also I found getting your dog to actually use the ramp can take some time too! Depending on your dog of course..but I started getting mine used to it in the house on the flat, with treats placed along it, and then outside on one step and now he will use it to get in the garden up 3 big steps, which is a similar incline to the van. Goodluck!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back