The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Recommendations for dog beds please

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by Jack-Russell-Lover, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

I've been thinking of getting Rox a new bed and thought maybe asking you guys for recommendations. At the moment she has a plastic bed with human pillows/pillowcases inside. Pillows are so awkward to wash because they go lumpy!

I'd rather it was an easy clean, maybe waterproof as she sometimes throws up in her bed (probably fear of being told off if she does it on the floor!)
    Machine washable is obviously preferable. Maybe with a removable slip cover? But I also want it to be comfy, she spends alot of time in bed because she hates lying on carpet/laminate/tiles! I'd rather not spend loads either if possible.

2. Nanny71

Nanny71 Well-Known Member Registered

Dudley has a thick padded mock sheepskin sort of large cushion. We have tried all sorts of beds but he likes that best. He can curl up, or stretch out. It washes well and dries reasonably quickly. He lies on the sofa or chair quite often too.
    We tried various beds and changed them as he grew. He probably has had this one the longest. He has a blanket on my bed which he sleeps on at night.

3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

We've tried various beds in the past and the only ones that haven't ended up going lumpy & saggy are Orvis memory foam beds. I have three now:oops: The oldest is over 6 years old and still as good as new so although they cost an arm & a leg, they may save money in the long run. And of course, a Roxy-sized one is going to be a lot cheaper than a Jasper-sized one!

4. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

@Nanny71 do you know what make that bed is?
    Thanks @JudyN I might look them up, haha true, Roxy size quite a bit cheaper!