The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Record Users?

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Why are there soooooo many guests on this board lately?

Today apparently has had the record number of users at 7.55am 45 people were viewing - surely this can't be right?

I suspect that as people are loging on as guests then visting another site perhaps and then revisting K9 a few minutes later the board counts this as two active users in the last 15 mins. Hence if a single member logged on as a guest visits the board 10 times in 15mins it counts as 10 users.

Just loged on and off as a guest and itdidn`t appear to make any difference so maybe its not that after all.

Maybe they are just guests Tony. I know of people who log on as guests because they don't want people to know that they are visiting the site. (Don't ask I don't know why either but then you and I are non-paranoid sorts from what I can remember ;) )

Also there will be folks who don't feel the need to type messages out on computer keyboards to folks that they don't know or even do know (these use telephones instead I expect. :) )

Anyway I think that we've all done very well (only read this topic so far tonight) while Nigel and Judy have been away. What a civilised bunch of folks we whippety types are. Actually I do wish that I was a whippety type (you and Michelle are of course). Sorry rambling off topic again.

AND please note we haven't crashed the board once. Which only goes to prove that it's not us it must be the moderators in chief cocking things up.

When you look at who's viewing what, the guests (this morning there's 23 of them) are all viewing board index???

Vicky said:
When you look at who's viewing what, the guests (this morning there's 23 of them) are all viewing board index???
Yep it's bizarre isn't it. And there's a minuet difference between each one.

Is the boss man back? Maybe he can tell us.

"a minuet difference "

What the?...................

I just knew that I'd spelt that wrong and kept looking at it last night but in the end thought nope that's correct. Well it is spelt correctly it's just totally the wrong word. :D

Anyone fancy a dance? ;)

Hey I just checked and amongst all of the guests reading the index there's one reading this topic. :)

We're back :D off the hols...

The guests are almost all search engines (inktomi) indexing the site. They do seem to have been active for a few days - not quite sure why. I'm not going to let it worry me for the moment :p .

Nigel said:
The guests are almost all search engines (inktomi) indexing the site. They do seem to have been active for a few days - not quite sure why.
Oh what a boring answer. How disappointing.

Like you've got better things to do Nigel ? :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back