The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Red Reign 2002-2010 R.i.p

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sadly, we had to take the agonising decision to have Rory put to sleep this morning.

It was a freak accident, he ran out into the garden this morning appeared to slip and stumble and was unable to get up. Michelle at first though he'd broken his leg and called me to come home from work. I looked at him when I got home and he was in a terrible state. it was obvious however it wasn't his leg, as he had no feeling whatsoever in his legs.

We managed to get him to the vets, and he was administered painkillers and a sedative, this sadly didn't take the pain away, and the prognosis was a serious spinal injury with little or no hope of recovery. We had to say goodbye and it was heartbreaking, he was retired from racing, and a happy lovable dog, and we hoped he'd be around for a long time...

Really gutted, didn't realise how much these little dogs get under your skin.

Love you Rory

Paul and Family

So sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you. It is always so sad to lose a friend

R.I.P little one, so sorry to hear your bad news. :thumbsup: di

[hello again paul couldnt say much earliear was to shocked you know i thought the world as i know you did of rory and he will be sadly missed by us all he was a great dog at home and on the track its a tradedgy when this happens and im so sorry rest in peace rory an god bless you x

really sorry paul and Michelle i know how much Rory meant to you a great dog on and off the track, R.I.P Rory from us and dad Zac

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your sad loss, Its amazing how much of our lives they enlighten when they live and they seem to take a large piece of us when they pass away.

Paul & Michelle, so sorry to hear your news. As our dogs get older we know that one day we are going to have to make some big decision as to what is best for the dog, but to have to make that decision so early on in his life is heartbreaking, as you said you thought you would still have him with you for many more years to come.

Kind regards to all your family

Doreen & Bill x x

So sorry to hear this sad news . RIP Little boy God Bless Vicki & Mick xxx

So sorry to hear this sad news . RIP Little boy God Bless Vicki & Mick xxx

Paul & Michelle, so sorry to hear your news. As our dogs get older we know that one day we are going to have to make some big decision as to what is best for the dog, but to have to make that decision so early on in his life is heartbreaking, as you said you thought you would still have him with you for many more years to come.

Kind regards to all your family

Doreen & Bill x x

Thank you all. I really didn't know it could hurt this much. I couldn't believe you could love a dog so much. He gave more than I could give him. We're gonna miss him so much...

Love you Rory,

Paul and Family

Dear Paul & Michelle,

Sorry to hear about Rory we are both thinking of you's

RIP Rory

Love Jimmy & Lorraine x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back