The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Regional Opens Scratch Racing

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have had a call from one of the regions asking about the scratch racing classes

As you are all aware at regional opens the format shoulb be run under BWRA Rules

the same as National Events.

What they want to know is can they have scratch racing at their regional event

in different weight classes to make some different racing i.e. up to 39lb-41lb

and No Limit

I personally do not see a problem with this at regional level as long as members do not think that it can be changed at BWRA National Events.

Any changes at National Events can only be done through proposals that are

voted on by the entire membership, and we are not due for any new proposals

for another 2yrs.

As I said earlier I do not have a problem with it at regional level

what do you members think

Doreen ( bwra sec )

sorry weight classes should have read up to 39lb-46lb- and No Limit

Doreen

I don't think there is anything in the rules that says scratch racing must be at 36, 40 and no limit.

Personaly I prefer the 38, 44 and no limit weight groups.

If the classes are clearly advertised I can't see why this should be a problem.

Tony

i think it is an excellent idea :thumbsup:but as it involves the scratch racers it is there veiws that count, as for the format it would be up to the regions to decide it if they want to stick to the usual 36,40,no limit that would be up to them.

personally i think if the weight classes go up to 35lb then this would be a good idea,but if the classes only go up to 32lb then leave it as 36,40,+no limit.

In my personal opinion, it doesn't matter what weight the dog runs at, as long as it gets to run. as long as the people running this meeting are not doing it for they're own advantage.

Before you know it, they will be spliting the groups into different colours. why not go all the way and measure the dog as well?

:clown: :- "

gary

it does seem very strange, that the weight group has to be from 39-46 lbs, just by coincidence that "come on sue" is 47lbs. Or am I just looking too deep into it? :wacko:

gary

Last edited by a moderator:
we can alter the weight classes so I don,t see any problems altering the scratch classes good idea

why change what is not broke, they are the only organisation that do a 36lb scratch, if they want to dodge dogs than either take weight off your dog, or vice versa put weight on

rick

i have a dog stag posessed he is 36lb but it is very hard to keep him at that weight

so can we change it 37lb so i dont get upset when he puts on a few ounces .

only kidding but you see my point.

GARY :p

I think it is only fair that I point out that this suggestion did not come from a southern region club so it would be wrong to aasume that it was suggested because of a southern region scratch dog.

Also the scratch classes WILL NOT BE ALTERED in any of the BWRA National Events

regards Doreen 9bwra sec )

up to 46lb then no limit wud suit me perfectly as one of my dogs is 46lb and one is 50lb that way they wudnt be running against each other. ;)

gary you will have to wait till just b4 the open to see what weight classes they are, then run just run accordingly,don,t forget to phone me first to ask what weight mine are,lol :D :p

rick

Why change the weight groups to avoid certain dogs,they are all there to be beaten.

:- " :teehee: :D

milly i dont think anyone wants to change it to avoid certain dogs ( i always thought come on sue was same weight as mine mickey whizz 50lb? btw :blink: ) like i said i wud like it to be up to 46lb then no limit simply becoz i have two dogs over 40lb and anyway if we were doing it to avoid certain dogs then wot wud happen in a supreme scratch? u wudnt be avoiding any dog then wud ya? :blink:

I wasnt meaning anyone in particular with that comment,like you said in supreme run offs you cant avoid them.It was just a general comment and sorry if you thought i meant you :- "

milly said:
I wasnt meaning  anyone in particular with that comment,like you said in supreme run offs you cant avoid them.It was just a general comment and sorry if you thought i meant you              :- "

sorry hun i never thought u meant me for one minute i was just puttin my point across x

Doreen I did not suggest for one minute that it was a Southern person who suggested the weight change but the point is that you cannot keep changing weights just to suit different dogs. That is why we have a NWRF and a BWRA with different weight groups so they all get a fair chance. The 36 and 40lb no limit has worked for a long time and certainly is not in need of change, not that it makes any difference to me because I probably have a dog for every weight that it suggested. Gary, LOL LOL :D

gary farmer said:
I probably have a dog for every weight that it suggested.  Gary, LOL LOL  :D

yes Gary i do believe you have, i was laffing at you in the weighing in room at champs asfordby you definitely had your hands full :D :D :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back