The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Regional Teams

~Sally~

Herts Uni Student
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Red = East Mids B

Blue = East Mids C

White = East Mids A

Black = North West

Light Weights

Heat 1

R The Magster 18 2nd

B Bandit 22 4th

W Weardale Spot 22 1st

Bk Annie Hough 20 3rd

Heat 2

R Full Song 20 2nd

B Rebel Rouser 18 4th

W Little Bill 21 1st

Bk Alva Star 18 3rd

Heat 3

R Barona 24 2nd

B Tanya's Impact 17 4th

W Bolan 21 1st

Bk Must Be Magic 23 3rd

Heat 4

R A Kinda Paradise 20 3rd

B Montana's Impact 22 4th

W Lexi 20 2nd

Bk Mo Chara 18 1st

Vets

R Maid For This 21 2nd

B Digitalis 19 3rd

W Take Your Pick 17 1st

Bk Coral 21 4th

Heavyweights

Heat 1

R Boomerang 26 2nd

B Steel's Gift 25 4th

W Fizz 26 3rd

Bk Mai Zee Mu 25 1st

Heat 2

R Now Milli 25 2nd

B Sam Fox 26 4th

W Swift One 25 1st

Bk Arnold 29 3rd

Heat 3

R You Never Know 25 1st

B Mr Peak 32 3rd (d/h)

W Coloardo 26 2nd

Bk Hellish 27 3rd (d/h)

Heat 4

R Claptrap 30 2nd

B Solmate 31 4th

W Nevada 26 1st

Bk Major Point 30 3rd

Vets

R Power Devil 27 3rd

B On Line 23 2nd

W Gemson 27 4th

Bk Taylor Maid 28 1st

Scratch

R Azuro Punto 4th

B Foxson 3rd

W Bullybeef 1st

Bk Avit 2nd

Spare Dogs

Vets

R Itsabelle

Up to 24lb

R Purple Rain 22

B Bound Too 21 1st

W Kai Sera 16

Scratch

R Tarkow 1st

B Not sure of name as its not on programme :unsure:

Up to 35lb heat 1

R Our Man Flint 30

B KLY 28

W Hells double 27 1st

heat 2

R Cracking 32

B Major Luck 29 1st

W Whiskey Fudge 27

Winning Team East Midlands A

Runners Up East Midlands B

Thank you to all the workers :cheers: Well done to all the winners :cheers: a special well done to Kath and Rip (you never know) for winning his heat :huggles: and I also have to say The Magster looked very impressive today against Weardale Spot just getting pipped on the line so will be one to watch next year :thumbsup:

I hope Nevada makes a speedy recovery after coming off injured :luck:

Well done to all- :cheers:

'It's the taking part that counts'!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

The North West wasn't last :- " Well done to Vicky/Tommy/Jacs etc....

Thanks to the Old Hall for hosting today's event :thumbsup:

looks like a great day & a good turn out. maybe the north east cud get a team in 4 next year. :))

I must say that there was some very good racing today. Thankyou to all the East Midlands dogs that turned up to run and put up a good performance in and to all the workers who who wored all day :)

Well done everybody today,lovely day had by all :thumbsup: :D Karen

This was a great days racing pity there was a poor turn out with only two regions bothering to enter teams ----

lets hope there will be more next time

thanks to old hall ----

track perfect as usual and traps lure and tea spot on also thanks to other teams for making it a enjoyable day out -----

some cracking races ---

Steve

Well done to all who took part, hard to believe the South and North East couldn't get a team in, if our region can do it anyone can, hopefully a better turn out next year. Still a good day out and a nice change from the norm, well done all the "North Westers" for taking part, it was good to see people from the region who didn't have a dog selected to still show up and support us. :cheers: :cheers:

Well done everyone, thankyou Old hall and all the workers it was a really enjoyable day out.

One of ours came home on three legs but nothing nasty. Wish we could have more racing like today its such a shame there were only 2 regions but there was some very good races.

A thoroughly enjoyable day, there was some great racing, and it was great to see everyone supporting and cheering each other on. In my opinion ' The Teams' has got to be one of the best events of the year. Well done to everyone that took part both in the teams and in the spare dogs. Old Hall did us proud as usual. Thank you to all the workers. The free programmes were another nice addition and welcomed by all, thank you. :thumbsup: :cheers:

well done all the teams for taking part :cheers: and of course all old hall for running so well and bwra committee :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: really nice day :) agree with whats been said i'm sure if region's with only one club and few member's could join other's reg's you would get more turn up and i'm sure this was agreed and passed at the rep's meeting or agm last year when the regional team's was put in place of club team's still it was a good day and was home early thank's to all the works :) :cheers:

Hope you got your roast dinner with all the trimmings --yorkshire pud and the lot Vicky with getting home early and all that ---lol

steve

Karen-Coral said:
This was a great days racing  pity there was a poor turn out with only two regions bothering to enter teams ----
Steve

Was surprised to see only two regions entering and its a while since the winners were decided in a single round of racing. The change from 'club' to 'regions' hasn't boosted the number of teams entered as perhaps anticipated, in fact the opposite it seems. Maybe as said in previous posts it may be time to re look at BWRA teams- does it have to be stated as 'club' or 'regional' teams could it not be just BWRA teams this way as many teams as possible could be made up and clubs/regions with very few members and dogs could still have a chance to run by joining other teams. Club secretarys could get together and make teams from their own clubs and others local to them as after all if you are a BWRA member and would like to run in teams its not your fault if you are unlucky enough to be in an area where there are not enough to send in a full team.

Just a thought :- "

Just read my 'quoted' post and thought i didnt put that last sentence on who's been editing my posts :(

Realise now you did 'comeonsteveuk' - ok yet another senior moment i was having :oops: :oops:

Club teams is a non starter for us in the North West, it was nice to have a team entered for the first time in god knows how long, and like i said above if we can manage it then any region can.

Vicky said:
Club teams is a non starter for us in the North West, it was nice to have a team entered for the first time in god knows how long, and like i said above if we can manage it then any region can.
I have to agree with Vicky I hope the region teams stay, there is another year before it can be changed anyway. If you are proud of your region want some FUN and run your dog then its the best event [imo ] of the year, win or lose we were all cheering the regions dogs on. Had it been club teams we would not have been there as we could not have got a team up. So its a better way all round for members and dogs. Every member can join in not just big clubs.

In my post i didnt specify either 'club' or 'regional' my thoughts were more open in making it just BWRA teams enabling small clubs/small regions getting together to make teams, therefore enabling as many people to join a team as possible. i do realise this time round it made it so that some people were able to run who hadnt previously for a while but my point was it didnt really raise the event in as much as there were less competing than when it was club teams. Only two regions!

I personally don't see the problem of anyone entering a team from mixed clubs/regions if all are registered with the BWRA and someone has taken the time to find dogs and put a full team forward. :))

If you enjoy racing and want some fun maybe opening up the competition could also be enjoyable too - and that way everyone who wanted to join a team would have that opportunity from whatever size club/region. That being my point not catering just for larger clubs and regions. Lets face it E Mids are lucky they are in a strong position a big region with lots of clubs whereas the likes of South Yorkshire have one club so either way club or regional teams will struggle to field a team :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back