The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Relationship worries

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Blue-Dog, Jun 8, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

1. Blue-Dog

Blue-Dog New Member Registered

Yeah I realise there is always a bit of compromise in relationships but how far can I go, I'm basically putting my (and my dog's) life on hold.

Wow that sounds exactly like the bf and his parents so glad to know there are others doing that.
    I think I should be trusted enough to at least meet some people for walks.

Thanks I will. I hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

2. Inka

Inka Member Registered

You have got it! You have ONE LIFE you need to make it as happy as you can and that 'happy' starts with YOU and your dog and at this moment in time you are not happy....and compromise works both ways, life is not a one way street

3. Blue-Dog

Blue-Dog New Member Registered

Yeah definitely, it's so nice to have some voices of reason! I've been going back and forth in my head for the last 3 weeks and it's not a nice place to be! :(

4. Inka

Inka Member Registered

I understand .... possibly more than you think

5. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Thing is, though, she doesn't impose her rules on her adult daughter who lives at home with her. I'm sure there would be an element of discussion and compromise, but it would be a mutual decision. Now, if your bf and his parents said that they were fine with you going for a walk, but could you please wear a mask, shower and change your clothes when you got home, etc., that might be fine - a bit of give and take on both sides. But that isn't the sort of dynamics that are going on in your relationship.

6. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

@Blue-Dog , I hope you get a message you have been tagged, I just wanted to say I hope you are ok.