The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Relaxed Dog Rules

Nicky Co.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Saw the tiniest of articles in the paper last night, misleadingly titled dogs banned form beaches. Most of our local beaches already ban dogs between Easter and Oct 1st. However, as of yesterday, several beaches including our local one Portreath will now allow dogs after 7pm and before 7am. Apparently this is a trial just for this year to see how it goes...!

Nicky

That is handy to know, thanks! I am also from Camborne by the way. I have been taking Rodders on mexico beach (between Gwithian and Hayle) recently as dogs are allowed on the beach there all year round but it is a fair walk across the dunes before you get to the beach.

dellboy22 said:
That is handy to know, thanks! I am also from Camborne by the way. I have been taking Rodders on mexico beach (between Gwithian and Hayle) recently as dogs are allowed on the beach there all year round but it is a fair walk across the dunes before you get to the beach.
Thanks, we haven't found that one yet! We've been on the beach at Penzance, which was nice. Also Perranporth but decided not to go back there in the summer as too many other dogs and Skipper got very stressed! We're supposed to be introducing to him other dogs gradually...

We mostly go to Tehidy woods, but would like a bit more variety for him :)

I know what you mean as rodney is only a pup so trying to get him used to other dogs aswell.

To get onto Mexico beach there is a lay-by on the same side as St. Ives Bay holiday park, its just next to the entrance of the holiday park. If you park there and walk straight across the dunes that will take you there.

Carn Brea is nice on a clear day aswell, although last time we were up there rodney got chased by a spaniel and was pretty scared by the time i caught up with him. :">

dellboy22 said:
To get onto Mexico beach there is a lay-by on the same side as St. Ives Bay holiday park, its just next to the entrance of the holiday park. If you park there and walk straight across the dunes that will take you there.
Carn Brea is nice on a clear day aswell, although last time we were up there rodney got chased by a spaniel and was pretty scared by the time i caught up with him.  :">

Thanks, I think we went on the dunes there once before we got Skipper but didn't make it as far down as the beach - we used to go to Godrevy a lot, but Skipper can't go on the beach there, and the cliff walk has too many dogs this time of year so he barks lots!

Hadn't thought of Carn Brea, as I've only driven up there once and was worried my car would shake to pieces as the holes in the 'road' were that deep. Is it still like that, or are you parking somewhere and walking up?

Did a search and saw your pics of Rodney by the way - he's a beauty!

The lane leading up to Carn Brea is a little rough, its mainly nasty speed bumps though rather than holes so if you take it slow you should be ok.

The views from there are fantastic on a clear day.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back