The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Reoccurring injury

Mav

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I’m really looking for some support with my 2 year old GSD, he tore a muscle in his back leg 8 months ago and seemed to be healing well but reinjured it 3 weeks ago, we went vets, course anti inflammatories and seemed be healing but few days ago he seemed to hurt it again and then today he ran outside, yelped and came limping back to me 😢 we are short lead walking him and trying everything to keep him calm but he is an active, excitable pup. I am beside myself with worry, any tips or hints how I can help him?

Soft tissue injuries take ages to heal. Maybe canine physiotherapy, hydrotherapy or cold laser treatments might help?

Reactions: Mav
Thank you, we had a physiotherapist come round and have exercises for him which we do. It just breaks my heart when he hurts himself again, but he just doesn’t seem to stop! He also gets up and runs round couple minutes after hurting himself then remembers he’s hurt, and repeat..!!

Sometimes, what is needed is strict crate rest, and keeping the dog on lead all the time he is out of the crate, even in the house - though this would be extremely difficult and stressful with a lively pup. Whether you should do this, and for how long, would be a question for your vet and/or physio.

Reactions: Mav

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back