The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Results 9th November

Joanna

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Gloucester PWRC 09.11.2008

The rain held off for us in the main today though the ground was boggy in places. We had a small amount of surface water on part of the track which didn’t present any problems apart from grubby whippets (w00t) ! It was lovely to have a couple of visitors from Somerset and Devon, Gill Harcombe and Pat Morgan braved the motorway cross-winds to race with us :huggles: , Gill, of course, has one of the Conway Celt/ Time keeper litter who are all looking very grown up and showing promise on the track :thumbsup: .

We ran in two weight groups over 150 yards at ½ yard/ pound and when that was done and dusted, we went to the pub for a warm up. :cheers:

Heavyweights

Heats Mr Noisy, Whiphaven Mighty Smidge, Magical Mayhem

Semis

1st Magical Mayhem, 2nd Mr Noisy, 3rd Magical Mistery

1st Cheap Thrills, 2nd Whiphaven Mighty Mouse 3rd Whiphaven Mighty Smidge

Main Final

1st Cheap Thrills, 2nd Magical Mayhem, 3rd Mr Noisy, 4th Whiphaven Mighty Mouse

Cons Final

1st Iolanthe, 2nd Duncton Dark Legend

Lightweights

Heats Xile, Conway Gem

Main Final

1st Conway Gem, 2nd Xile, 3rd Darkling Dragonfly,4th Whiphaven Moondust

Cons Final

1st Darkling Dreamcatcher,2nd Duncton Nemesis (Chyppe),3rd Blythe Spirit

I think have made an error in the H/W cons, if some kind soul could correct me I would be eternally grateful :p Edited and sorted now, thanks Darcia :thumbsup:

Lovely to see all our friends again today, Gloucester is a very special club :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to all ......but go Moz :huggles: :wub: .....I'm looking forward to watching him next year ;)

Despite the rain, we had a great time :lol: Very muddy dogs to go home with though. Lovely to see Pat and Gill visiting from the deep south - shame we couldn't organise better weather for you. Mr Noisy is still looking impressive after his layoff :thumbsup:

Well done Moz, and the ever speedy Conway Gem for winning the finals :cheers:

Good to have you back Jo - you do liven the old pub up somewhat :lol:

See you all next week :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone at the Gloucester Club for making myself and Mr Noisy very welcome :huggles:

We had a lovely days racing dispite the weather :))

Well done Louise on Moz's win :huggles:

glad you all had a nice day dispite the weather :)

look forward to racing their next year our sort of people very helpfull

you allways make people welcome great club :thumbsup:

Thanks once again to everyone for another great days racing! :D Just bathed 5 very muddy whippets (Iffy kept himself clean and was greatful not to have to brave the bath and shower LoL) and now they are all curled up and tired out.

Both Merle and Ross enjoyed trialling with the pups today :thumbsup: and once again, thank you so much for everyone in the light weight group who allowed the Chyppster to run with them on a very (VERY) kind handicap, we really feel that it is paying dividends (is that spelt right?), how nice was that to hear a number of people tell us that he was running with his head down for the first time today! We are not silly enough to know that he hasnt still got a very long way to go but its thanks to everybody for being so understanding that he has got this far :huggles:

Well done to all the winners & lovely to see the pups all coming on well.

Oh & Jo, Tyler didnt run in the cons final (him & Fletch together are just a no no!) and despite a photo finish it was Iolanthe that came first and Fletch that came second :thumbsup:

See you all next week - looking forward to it already :D

Darcia said:
Thanks once again to everyone for another great days racing!  :D   Just bathed 5 very muddy whippets (Iffy kept himself clean and was greatful not to have to brave the bath and shower LoL) and now they are all curled up and tired out.
Both Merle and Ross enjoyed trialling with the pups today  :thumbsup:   and once again, thank you so much for everyone in the light weight group who allowed the Chyppster to run with them on a very (VERY) kind handicap, we really feel that it is paying dividends (is that spelt right?), how nice was that to hear a number of people tell us that he was running with his head down for the first time today! We are not silly enough to know that he hasnt still got a very long way to go but its thanks to everybody for being so understanding that he has got this far  :huggles:

Well done to all the winners & lovely to see the pups all coming on well.

Oh & Jo, Tyler didnt run in the cons final (him & Fletch together are just a no no!) and despite a photo finish it was Iolanthe that came first and Fletch that came second  :thumbsup:

See you all next week - looking forward to it already  :D

Sorry Darcia, I missed the result as I caught both of mine in the race before, will go and put it right now. see you next week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for all the help settig up etc. and the help and support with the puppies.

Thanks for a great day as ever :thumbsup:

It was lovely to meet Pat and Mr Noisy :huggles:

Daisy is also available for weddings and barmiztvahs(sp) (w00t)

Louise_Simon said:
Thanks for a great day as ever  :thumbsup:
It was lovely to meet Pat and Mr Noisy  :huggles:

Good  to meet you Louise and your gang :))   :))

Daisy is also available for weddings and barmiztvahs(sp)  (w00t)

Great day's racing despite the surface water, couldn't even use the 'ped so we had to pull the lure back by foot. Sorry guys for not not helping to pack up, was snoozing in the van :- " .

glad you all had a great day :thumbsup: i do love my glossy chums :huggles:

and jo...........wheres my £1 :eek: :lol:

peppermint lady said:
Joanna said:
peppermint lady said:
glad you all had a great day :thumbsup:   i do love my glossy chums :huggles: and jo...........wheres my £1 :eek:   :lol:

Shall I post it to you?

no, im making interest on it at the moment :- " il see you at your opens next year (w00t)

i dont want payment in kind either :lol:

Mmm, current interest rate is about 3 %, how much is that after deducting 20 % for income tax over 6 months................

I'll post it 8)

Ooops :b :b :b That reminds me that I left while still owing some money.......... (sorry)

:nuke: dont post it jo....im enjoying telling everyone that your a bad payer and never to lend you money :oops: :lol:

DARCIA im surprised at you....i thought better of you :unsure: we all expect it from mrs masson :lol:

Well done to the speedy Moz & Amber on winning their groups. We had a great day with the pups. Thanks to all the people who lent dogs for trials :cheers: And Chyppe certainly does seem to have mad a big leap forward :huggles:

:D :D WELL DONE MOZZA from wee bro Hateley and :luck: :luck: Louise with him for next year WE ALL know how good he is............... (w00t) (w00t)

don't forget we can do it all over again next sunday. If you want your money Julie , come and claim it yourself!! We would love to see your dogs racing here.

Anyone wishing to attend our AGM and lunch should give their name to Jane on Sunday. Will let you know the cost this week.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back