The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Returning Member Saying Hi

Foxglove

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can I come back in? :b

I'm Gill, married to Neil, live in Northumberland and used to be owned by Tina and Diva - my two gorgeous whippets. Sadly, as some might remember, I lost Tina in a tragic drowning accident in August 2008 and Diva in October of the same year when she dashed after a rabbit and straight under the wheels of a car :(

Since then I have been through the mill - blaming myself completely for being such a failure as a dog owner, had a breakdown and just wanted to die (not commit suicide: just NOT wake up each morning!). Neil dragged me off to the doctors and she put me on the sick for a few weeks, put me on prozac which helped ENORMOUSLY and I had a few sessions with a wonderful counsellor who just sat and let me talk and cry buckets :b

Since then, thinking I was 'cured', I have tried to get back into dog ownership and had a couple of border collies on trial but they didn't work out so had to go back to their fosterers. Perhaps I just tried too much too soon I don't know :wacko: It's just in the past 18 months, since becoming involved with a local animal rescue charity, the Peoples Animal Rescue & Rehoming Team (PARRT), and fostering old and abused cats that I have started (according to Neil) to have become the old Gill he used to know. Just before Christmas we looked after a gorgeous cat-friendly jack russell called Holly whilst her owner (another PARRT fosterer - we help each other out) was on a fortnight's honeymoon and since she went back home to her Mummy I have been CONSUMED by the need for a dog of my own :wub: Neil even said he's never seen me looking so relaxed and happy and CONTENT as when I was with Holly. So....I'm taking the huge scary leap back into dog-ownership later this year once we move house.....though if the right dog comes along before then.... :- Neil would prefer a girl (I'm not fussed myself) and she has to be ok with cats as we have three long-term fosters here :D

Anyway.....that's me and my news.....off to explore the site and catch up on everyone's news..... :))

Welcome back :thumbsup:

It does take several years to get over the death of a dog under tragic circumstances and the pain never leaves completely.

K9 is not as heavily used as it was 3 years ago. Many members only come on once every week or two nowadays mainly down to Facebook.

Hopefully the right dog will come along for you soon and help the healing process.

Best wishes :luck:

Welcome back....wishing you every good thing going....you deserve it x

Hi Foxglove I remember you really well and remember the tragedies you went through with your dogs.....all so sad

:( Its great to have you back. I dont come on here an aweful lot now, and other members seem to have gone too. A lot of us are on facebook too

so if ever you fancy joining or are already a member, you will find a lot of us there. :thumbsup:

By the way, Im so glad you are back to your old self...Good luck x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gill

I don't come on here much either now...

...I remember the tragedies of Tina and Diva only too well, and have thought of you often since, hoping that you'd found happiness in the paws of a dog again...I'm glad to hear you are so much better and wish you all the best in your search for the right little canine for you xxx

Welcome back Gill , Hope to hear more from you again :thumbsup:

Hi Gill....I`ve just come back and remember you too ...So ofcourse you can come in !! (w00t) hahaha ! Hope to see you around.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back