The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad Day

rubywhip

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yesterday was a sad day for us here, we had to say a final goodbye to our beloved Ruby (Hillsdown Aisling Khabaray), after suffering a stroke it was decided to end her suffering with the dignity her status as Whippet Queen deserved

Ruby hated the show ring (She managed to gain her stud book number though ) only slightly more than having her nails clipped, she always preferred to stay home on the Sofa from which she ruled her kingdom,

It was in the Whelping box that Ruby excelled having many winning Sons, Daughters and Grandpups. probably the most noted here in the Uk would be the Dog C.C. record holder Singlemalt, and in Australia Hugo Boss

Well Rubes. you taught me many things about Whippets, for that I will be truly grateful as I pen this a few notable ones would be

1) Dont belive for one minute that all Whippets are easy to show and are natural showmwn

2) The pack leader is not always the loudest and biggest dog in the home

3) If you stand by the treat cupboard long enough you will be given what you want (why did I not gve it to you in first place, saves

time and tears usually mine!)

4) What fun can be had on a newly made bed !

5) no matter how busy you are you should always take time out for tummy rub

6) always start out the day with a bloody good stretch, and dont be rushed by anybody

and finally Rubywhip, why did it take me so long to realise that you were in charge and I merely your servant ! !

Run free my Rubywhip

Mumx x x

I'm so sorry , how heartbreaking for you :(

What a wonderful tribute , she was clearly a much loved wonderful dog .

If only all dogs could be so loved :(

:( Im sorry to read your news, Ruby sounded like a lovely girl and youve given her a wonderful tribute.

RIP Ruby

Very sorry to hear your sad news. What a lovely tribute, she certainly sounds a character. RIP Ruby. x

RIP Ruby, what a truly special girl she was :wub:

A Perfect Tribute - so soory for you loss

RIP Ruby x

so sorry for your loss, run free Ruby, you will be a queen up there too xxx

So sorry to hear of your loss :(

What a beautiful tribute

RIP Ruby and run free :huggles:

Heather, that is truly one of the most heart wrenching, deeply felt tributes to a much loved dog that I have ever read. I feel almost like I knew Ruby, and I certainly know exactly what you loved about her and why! There is nothing that explains why our dogs live such short lives when they give us such great pleasure -- they really should live forever because by their nature they are there to please us, make us happy, keep us happy -- but in your words I knew quickly how deeply, deeply loved Ruby was, and how irreplaceable she will be in your heart and in your mind. You are so very lucky to have had her well bred on several occasions, and you must draw some comfort from the knowledge that there are, out there, dogs who carry the best loved traits of your Lucy, going forward into other generations. So long as those lines continue, a piece of Lucy continues too! I hope Lucy is one of those lucky dogs whose line extends long long into the future and people in generations to come realize the qualities she passed on to her children, and grandchildren and those that come after them.

Lanny

She is in my pedigrees now, too, through her grandson Savile Row.

Can you please post a photo of her? I have tried and tried to find one but cannot. It would be very useful for my records.

My condolences on your loss....seems she reached a grand old age, and of course she has wonderful descendants all over the whippet-loving world now.

Heather, what a lovely heart felt post, we're sorry to hear about you loss.

R.I.P Ruby :wub: :wub:

So sorry to read this sad news

RIP Ruby

Sheelagh and your grandpup Angel x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back