The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad News From Cumbria.

ladyp

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had a phone call this afternoon from my very good friends from Cumbria,The Fawcett family,to say that Jimmy Fawcett had passed away last night,12.1.2012.

I remember meeting Jimmy and his son Tim back in 2003 at Chatsworth for the first time,such a lovely man,he will be sadly missed in the lurcher world.

I also remember the double contested in the open final with Jimmy and Tim at Chatsworth in 2004 with Jimmy winning the championship with Blade and Tim with Storm taking reserve,what a great day for them both.

I will miss you Jimmy R.I.P my old friend,from Pat,Andy and all The Somerset Lurchers.

Thinking of you all at this sad time.

Sad news indeed, my thoughts are with tim and his family. I also have fond memories at chatsworth namely that i always ended up standing next to jimmy or tim in the smooth dog ring year on year such a lovely man. Sad lose for the lurcher world, sarah x

We were really sad to here the news this afternoon that Jimmy had sadly passed away last night. we have known Jimmy for over 20 years and have spent many hours in his company and had a lot of laughs along the way. He was reknowned both in Cumbria and throughout the country both for his success in the show ring and also for his judging abilities, you always knew that if you were let down at short notice then you could rely on Jimmy to fill the breach. He has won many championships with his dogs and also judged many. Jimmy did'nt suffer fools gladly and if he had something to say then he was'nt afraid to say it. He had been suffering with ill health for a few year now being in and out of hospital but when he could he still liked to come to the shows just to see old friends, sitting in the front of the car holding court.

Ours hearts go out to Margaret and his family at this sad time, the lurcher fraternity, particularly in Cumbria has lost one of its elder statesmen who will be sadly missed.

R.I.P. Jimmy x x

Ian & Sonia

again pat sorry for butting in---- i had the privilege on meeting Mr jimmy fawcett way back in 1987 at the duke of Buccleugh hunt show, i have and probably never will, meet a man with as much knowledge of the running dog, he was astute in his manner of every dog, not just the type he bred and kept, he also always took the time to chat about all topics on the dogs , giving very sound advice when asked for it, yes it was always correct what he told you, so not only have i lost free advice , i have lost a very very dear old friend-------REST IN PEACE YOU WILL BE SADLY MISSED ---------STUART BELL.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was with much sadness that I received the news that Jimmy had passed away, Jimmy had been a good and well respected friend for many years, He will be much missed, Our thoughts are with Margeret and family.

01.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back