The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad News

urchin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just thought I'd share some sad news with you - it's been a bit of an emotional week dog-wise for me all told

my good friend came round last night with her 2 staffy x's..........who are best mates with our whippy n greygirl, and I've known for years and years.

Brin, the old boy has had a series of strokes over the past year and has several other degenerative physical and mental conditions - and my friend has made the very sad decision that it's time for him to go before he loses any more of his faculties. He's already quite distressed and i think she doesn't want to drag out the end for him.

So, he's having all his favourite things and going to all of his favourite places over the next fortnight, including a big meet up for a potter with his friends (2 and 4 legged, of course) on Sunday. Thought i'd share this on here, coz I can't think of another group of people who'd understand why I'm so sad at the thought of a losing a dog who isn't even mine. :(

So, raise a glass to Brin (aka Binky) it's going to be very odd without you :cheers:

Yes I can imagine it would be a sad time, but at least your friend & you have time to adjust to it & spoil the old boy rotten. Better for him to go out on a high with a smile on his face. I'm glad your friend has you who shares her feelings to support her. Good on you.

Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
i understand how you feel urchin, as im sure most k9ers do .

thinking of you at this sad time.

at least it will be saving the poor boy any further suffering as you say. At least he can die with some dignity, although i know that doesnt make you feel much better. :(

I hope he has a great final few weeks and lots of love and treats :huggles:

A very brave decision.

I'm sure it will be for the best. Make the final precious days special.

I've been here and it is one of the hardest decisions in the world to make.

My beloved old boy Ben had a heart problem in his twilight years and as time went on, things were sadly going downhill. I did feel I was betraying him as i signed away his last hours. It took a long time to come to terms with. I know it was for the best and i didn't want him to suffer anymore but it is very hard especially when there are good days. I still miss him so much.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back