The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sad walk today

Peegee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We had a very sad experience out walking our dog this morning. Heard a strange noise in the woods and then saw people at a stile and realised it was a woman wailing. Put our pup on lead and called out if all ok. The man said that their dog had just died and the poor woman was inconsolable. We offered help but he said they were OK and we turned and left rather than stand and gawp. No idea what had happened or what type/age of dog etc., but thought how unusual for a dog to die just like that. Keep thinking of them and hoping they got home ok.

How heartbreaking. It's never easy but perhaps the dog at least was outside, on a nice walk, on a sunny day so perhaps died happy?

That's exactly what I thought. Hopefully one day that will bring some solace to the poor lady whose dog it was.

We once took in a very old Dachshund after its owners died within a week. No idea how old she was but definitely very old. One day she was out with our other dogs, meandering along enjoying herself when she just collapsed, going to her she had died, we assumed it was her heart that gave up but we never found out. Distressing at the time but looking back, for her it was a brilliant way to go, enjoying herself when suddenly the lights went out.

Ahhh, that's very bitter sweet. How nice for her though that you were able to take her in.

I had a similar experience to you BikerJohn. A foster dog that came from an abusive home. He died while on a lovely romp down the local bridle path free, at last, from his abusive owners. I always wonder if the stress he must have been under contributed to his demise.

I just hope mine goes in his sleep but it's just not up to us I'm afraid. Sad all the same.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back