The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Saluki And Pups Needing To Be Rehomed

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
JAX said:
Zephyr said:
I am absolutely appalled that these Saluki pups are being described as 'ideal family pets'. :eek:
I think they are a wonderful breed, but only in the right hands, and some people would find their strong chase instinct and independant, aloof nature quite difficult to handle.  The Saluki Welfare site says this 'The Saluki is a dog for those understanding what they are taking on. Those desiring 'normal' dog habits should opt for a Labrador, Collie or German Shepherd. The Saluki can be a contrast of both ease and difficulty in ownership.'

Why on earth didn't the RSPCA sign these over to Saluki Welfare to rehome carefully! :angry:    I forsee a lot of these poor pups being returned over the next year. :(

Because they can get more money for pedigrees and use them for publicsity( sp) :rant: Salukis area breed apart . The breeder of them should be banned from breeding any more litters , I wonder if the owner of the stud dog knows too?

totally agree with you jax :rant: ive known several times when they refuse to take animals in sayong " no we cant just take them in , we only take animals in from cruelty cases " :- " ( unless its puppies ), then they charge £30 per animal !! well i am talking about the manchester branch but im sure the policy is the same !!

Zephyr said:
I am absolutely appalled that these Saluki pups are being described as 'ideal family pets'. :eek:
I think they are a wonderful breed, but only in the right hands, and some people would find their strong chase instinct and independant, aloof nature quite difficult to handle.  The Saluki Welfare site says this 'The Saluki is a dog for those understanding what they are taking on. Those desiring 'normal' dog habits should opt for a Labrador, Collie or German Shepherd. The Saluki can be a contrast of both ease and difficulty in ownership.'

Why on earth didn't the RSPCA sign these over to Saluki Welfare to rehome carefully! :angry:   I forsee a lot of these poor pups being returned over the next year. :(

Normal dog habits - a "Collie" (w00t) (w00t) i would rather rehome Salukis than collies i have owned both and give me Saluki's everytime

masta said:
Zephyr said:

Why on earth didn't the RSPCA sign these over to Saluki Welfare to rehome carefully! :angry:    I forsee a lot of these poor pups being returned over the next year. :(

Normal dog habits - a "Collie" (w00t) (w00t) i would rather rehome Salukis than collies i have owned both and give me Saluki's everytime

Only one pup remains for sale for £200. The owner returned him.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back