The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Saluki X Looking For A Home

daniellew

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Posted with permission of EMRC

Available or rehoming from 23/09/05

Guliver

GULIER%20Saluki%20X%20022.jpg

Saluki cross male around 10 months old, this young man has been brought into the Rescue by one of the dog wardens and so far we have been unable to find his owner. He is a super dog, very gentle and lovely with people, he is clean in his kennel and he is good with other dogs, he also travels well in the car. Guliver will have to be Castrated as soon as possible - this must be done, he has been Vet checked over and Primary vaccinated, he will have to continue with his vaccinations and your Vets advice must be sort on this, we would like to see him Micro chipped before he leaves the kennels.

East Midlands Rescue Centre

23 Nethergreen, Eastwood,

Notts, NG16 3DW

Tel: 01773 718357

info@eastmidlandsrescue.org

Hi,

He looks gorgeous! You could try posting him in Homes Wanted on www.lurcher.org too as saluki x's seem very popular atm.

Best of luck to him.

EMRC also have

Zandi

ZANDI%20Saluki012.jpg

Zandi is a very handson and striking Saluki male around 18 month old, Saluki are very loving with their owners but can be aloof with strangers, we are looking for a special home for this handsome boy. Zandi is good with people and he is clean in his kennel, he is fine with other dogs and he travels well in the car, he is fully vaccinated and has already been Castrated. We would like to see him Micro chipped before he leaves the kennels.

Did you have your legs crossed when you typed that LB :lol:

Looks like an answer not forcoming on that one thus far...so I'll just witter on. Sure you'll know it is a policy of some rescue's to neuter across the board, regardless of age or sex, assume this must be the case with this rescue.

Know of other breed specific, smaller operations (pardon the pun), who have time to build a relationship and profile of potential new owners, and adapt this policy to suit the dog's new home, ie., if the new owners are sensible and responsible as the majority of folk who are willing to take on a rescue are, the circumstances are taken into account, if the folk say would like the dog neutered this is done, but if it is not a necessity and the people can manage the dog just as it is in their situation it saves the rescue another vets bill...I've seen this work very well over the years, before anyone throws their hands up in horror at the very idea. But I can understand larger operations unable to keep checks on the dogs progress through the sheer volume they are coping with, deciding to leave nothing to chance.

Same as some rescue's will not place a dog in a working home, or one where it is going to be kennelled...each has its own policy. Shame in some ways as a good working home prepared to keep a dog into old age has much to offer, as does someone willing to spend time with the dog when they get back from work and can give it their full attention by taking it out of the kennel, where it may have the companionship of other dogs which most hounds enjoy...many young dogs are kept in crates in the house when the owner is out (this seems acceptable whereas an outdoor kennel and run does not :blink: ). I have no axe to grind here just musing, always pleased when a rescue finds a good forever home :wub:

Hope these two smashers here get someone soon :luck:

Oh that Zandi is gorgeous! However really can't have another one here but he is seriously tempting. Hope he finds a home soon.

Do put him on LL as similar hounds have been snapped up very quickly.

Bappit you are quite right, most rescues like them to be neutered to save more litters of unwanted puppies filling the rescues. I never had my old Holly the Collie done but he was a perfect gentleman and only went after a bitch once in 14 years.

Most of his life he was totally fixated on my Retriever Witch who was spayed.

Not sure whether I'll have Zephyr done or not til see what he's like but think I will have Lupin spayed 3 months after next season as she does like to run and hates being kept on long lead while she's in season and I don't plan to have any pups altho they would be gorgeous.

I need to keep on checking my lottery ticket :- " :- "

I would take both of them - they are scrummie...... :wub:

Hi

Just thought I'd let you know that we re-homed Zandi and he's now called Milo :)) .

We had to have our Saluki X (Jed 11yrs) put down, because he had a bone tumour in his shoulder. He was also a rescue dog and we'd had him for 8 years. His loss left a huge hole in our family unit that we couldn’t bear to leave empty :( .

I took Milo home on Friday and so far he is a lovely dog, very playful and active. He joins our menagerie of animals including our elderly lurcher bitch, Meg (also a rescue dog), who has still managed to maintain her top dog status!

He is an extremely handsome dog with a big personality and we feel very honored to have him join our family, and are looking forward to many happy years together :thumbsup: .

PICT1313.jpg

Hope you keep us posted ... and welcome to k9 :cheers:

So glad you have taken Milo (previously Zandi) on. :cheers: :cheers:

Sounds like he is going to have a wonderful life with you, an experienced sighthound owner - he really is a gorgeous looking dog - good luck with him. :luck: :wub: :luck:

And welcome to K9! :) :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back