The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sandy Cornwall Beaches?????????

meddling

'Dibs'
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anyone know of any Sandy dog friendly beaches in the Helston Area of Cornwall...the ones we found down there last year were a bit shingly and tough on a whippets feet....I want a large, flat golden beach for the girls and their friend to go loopy on....too much to ask?

You could venture over to "our" side and visit Holywell or Crantock- both sandy and dog friendly :thumbsup: ... or Perranporth nearby which is enormous :wacko: (although it does have a seasonal 'dogs on leads' restriction, which is applicable to the first very small section of beach most often used by families- the rest they are free to run on)

Hi Clair, here's a link i was given when i was asking. We went in July but mainly north east Cornwall, the beaches on this site have attachments, which when highlighted tell you wheather the beach is sandy or shingle. I'm not sure how dog friendly Perranporth is any more because on the day we went the lifeguard told us dogs off leads only between the hours of before 10 am and after 5pm, this is apparently a new ruling and had only just been brought in a week or so before we went. Hve a nice time :thumbsup:

http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm

Hi Clair, here's a link i was given when i was asking. We went in July but mainly north east Cornwall, the beaches on this site have attachments, which when highlighted tell you wheather the beach is sandy or shingle. I'm not sure how dog friendly Perranporth is any more because on the day we went the lifeguard told us dogs off leads only between the hours of before 10 am and after 5pm, this is apparently a new ruling and had only just been brought in a week or so before we went. Hve a nice time :thumbsup:
Perranporth is only dogs on leads on the very first section- about half a mile- leaving about 2 and a half miles left for them to run free!! :thumbsup: Make sure you go on low tide though, or you might find you only have the family area left!!

Thank you both of you for bothering to reply, very kind of you...we will investigate as many as we can!!!

I live in Helston and unfortunatly there are not very many. Praa Sands is the best beach to go on, lovely and sandy and long - you can run them on there between 7pm and 7am, Church Cove is ok, small and a bit stoney at the top of the beach but again between 7pm and 7am. Kenack Sands is lovely and thats 7pm till 7am as well. You could venture more west to long rock - that is dog friendly and again lovely and sandy when the tide is out a bit.

Good luck and be ready to bump into lots of dogs and even more people!!! :thumbsup:

I live in Helston and unfortunatly there are not very many. Praa Sands is the best beach to go on, lovely and sandy and long - you can run them on there between 7pm and 7am, Church Cove is ok, small and a bit stoney at the top of the beach but again between 7pm and 7am. Kenack Sands is lovely and thats 7pm till 7am as well. You could venture more west to long rock - that is dog friendly and again lovely and sandy when the tide is out a bit.Good luck and be ready to bump into lots of dogs and even more people!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Helen, that's fab :)

Perranporth is only dogs on leads on the very first section- about half a mile- leaving about 2 and a half miles left for them to run free!! :thumbsup: Make sure you go on low tide though, or you might find you only have the family area left!!
Ahh I realise now what we did wrong. :thumbsup: There is a dog ban on the first part of the beach as you say up to the cliffs. We must have gone at high tide and not knowing the area thought that was the whole beach. Now having googled Perrenporth I've found the rest of it all 2 miles of it beyond the cliffs, which is why we were not aware because we couldn't see it. Gutted cos it looks a lovely beach, mind you the lifeeguard could have been a little more helpful and told us that. Also there looks to be another road at the other end, so the centre of Perranporth can be avoided. Clair make sure you look on google maps before you go. Heres a link to explain the ban there is also a map but not very clear. Hope you get to the bit we missed. :thumbsup:

http://www.parish-council.com/Perranzabulo...p?pageid=315340

Ahh I realise now what we did wrong. :thumbsup: There is a dog ban on the first part of the beach as you say up to the cliffs. We must have gone at high tide and not knowing the area thought that was the whole beach. Now having googled Perrenporth I've found the rest of it all 2 miles of it beyond the cliffs, which is why we were not aware because we couldn't see it. Gutted cos it looks a lovely beach, mind you the lifeeguard could have been a little more helpful and told us that. Also there looks to be another road at the other end, so the centre of Perranporth can be avoided. Clair make sure you look on google maps before you go. Heres a link to explain the ban there is also a map but not very clear. Hope you get to the bit we missed. :thumbsup:

OOOPS!!!! (w00t) Cant believe the lifeguard didnt tell you though..... :angry:

Thank you :) x

Helpful lifeguard!!!!! (w00t) :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back