The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Saturday Race Open's

jasper.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just wanted to know why there seems to be more saturday opens on, when sunday would be a more suitable day. as quite a few people work saturdays.

DONT REALLY KNOW @ WALLSEND THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON SATURDAY POSSIBLY BECOZ OUR HANDICAP IS ON A SUNDAY IM NOT REALLY SURE. MAYBE OF U HAVE TO TRAVEL A FAIR DISTANCE THEN U HAVE THE SUNDAY 2 RECOVER LOL PEOPLE WORK SUNDAYS TOO SO I DONT KNOW. :blink:

as far as i can remember a lot of straight racing is on a saturday :)

If you remember at the end of 2004 there was a big drive on ideas for cutting down the Top Ten Calendar and preventing 2 or 3 opens being run on the same day and getting people to support clubs. It appears that the intention is to fill all weekend slots up with ONE Top Ten Open on in the country each day (i.e Saturday and Sunday) before having to start doubling up.

I'm sure some will have trouble attending Saturday Opens due to work commitments but whilst people can complain about not being able to attend we musn't forget that not everybody has Sundays off work either.

know Dawdon's open's last year were on a Sat. this year we have moved them to a Sun. because I work on a Sat. and I run the opens. I have noticed though that we are getting more dogs on a Sun. than a Sat. There are a lot of opens I would love to go to but on a Sat. I carn't. I know there are a few other people in the same boat. But some clubs carn't run on a Sun. Plus if you notice most opens up north are on a Sat. and down south there on a Sun. so we still have places to race.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back