The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Saving lives or prolonging suffering for veterinary profits?

pippywhippet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just read this article and have to say it rang alarm bells when I read it. Some of this is so very sad and true.

A few years ago I asked the vet to put to sleep my elderly Ridgeback who had Laryngeal Paralysis. She had nearly died of inhalation pneumonia (a side effect of the paralysis) and could no longer enjoy walks or eat her food without choking.

I was made to feel that I was a "bad" owner when I opted to have her PTS rather than have expensive tie back surgery (which I understood was not only painful, but which often tore open again) I chose NOT to have the surgery, preferring to save my lovely girl from more pain. :'(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232217/Why-Im-ashamed-vet-shocking-expose-profession-puts-pets-painful-unnecessary-treatments-fleece-trusting-owners.html

Interested to hear what others experiences have been.

In my opinion, as responsible pet owners, we must do what is in the best interest of our dogs. That includes knowing when to respectfully 'call it a day'.

Pets come first at all times in my book simple as that...those who prolong life when its had its time need the jab themselves

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine too, but it seems some vets are making huge profits on treating sick animals who might be better off being PTS :ermm:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back