Saying Goodbye

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I can’t quite believe I’m here writing this and it’s the most difficult time I’ve ever experienced.

As many of you know Dennis was very poorly last year and after lots of tests and vet trips we finally discovered he had severe IBD. After his diagnosis we thought we were in the clear, he was eating his new food and seemed back to his happy self.

However, as the months have passed his appetite had decreased and to see that in a Labrador is the saddest thing. We tried so many different foods but with his IBD his tummy was so sensitive.

Then in the last few weeks we noticed that his back legs were getting weaker. They got progressively worse and at the end we were having to help him up. He even had a poo lying where he was because he couldn’t get up by himself.

This we couldn’t bare. He wasn’t happy we could see it.

I can’t believe how quickly his legs failed him but I don’t think it helped because of his poor eating.

Anyway, we made the hardest decision we’ve ever had to make and I’m so heartbroken it’s untrue. On Thursday we said goodbye to him and I cuddled him the whole time and it was so peaceful.

We’re both finding it so hard to be at hone right now and everything reminds us of him. I’ve lost my shadow.

It’s taken me a long time to write this because writing it down makes it seem so real but I thought you all should know because you’ve given us lots of support through everything.

Oh Josie, you must be in bits, but please don't doubt yourself. You made the hardest, but the kindest decision. Dennis was deeply loved, not only throughout his life but also at the right time to end it. Never forget that.

So very sorry. It's an extraordinary pain, I know. Obviously he was so loved and cared for. When you have to let go of a precious dog it's like ripping a plaster off your entire skin. Massive hurt for you...but no more for Dennis. Well done and take care of yourself.

Josie, I am so sorry to hear this. Such a hard decision to make. Thinking of you x

3Hxs56F-1.png
Run free over rainbow bridge Dennis .....Lots of hugs to your human family you had to leave behind so soon .......xxxxxx

I am so sorry to read this Josie but you made the right decision for Dennis

(((((Hugs))))) Josie xx

Josie I'm so sorry to hear this such a heartbreaking decision to make but you did what was right for Dennis xxx take time for yourself. Sending you lots of hugs xx

You did the right thing but I know how hard that is. So sorry for the loss of your lovely lad.

I am so sorry for your pain. It's so hard on us, but the last gift we give them. Hugs.

Sorry to hear this,it's hard.

Theres one thing I can tell you,he will always be with you for life. In ten years time he will make you smile,them memories never fade. Bless him.

I’m hurting for you,, I don’t normally admit this but Ive lost my last two over the last four years and my brindle two years ago, I haven’t been able to get another yet, so I feel your pain, I hope you have good pics, vids and try and remember some good times. R.i.p

So heartbroken for you Josie but you made the best decision for your beautiful boy , in tears for you here. Rest easy Den, you were so loved and will be missed so much xx sending hugs xxxx

So so sorry to hear this Josie, a peaceful end to the wonderful life you had together...the loss is great but your love for him was greater. Thinking of you xx

He will be watching over you... The final act of love is the hardest. Hugs.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot.

I keep second guessing whether there was more we could have done and I’d do anything to go back and cherish the moments we had together.

I hope that in time all the things that remind me of him that are making me cry will be the things that make me smile.

I can’t quite believe I’m here writing this and it’s the most difficult time I’ve ever experienced.

As many of you know Dennis was very poorly last year and after lots of tests and vet trips we finally discovered he had severe IBD. After his diagnosis we thought we were in the clear, he was eating his new food and seemed back to his happy self.

However, as the months have passed his appetite had decreased and to see that in a Labrador is the saddest thing. We tried so many different foods but with his IBD his tummy was so sensitive.

Then in the last few weeks we noticed that his back legs were getting weaker. They got progressively worse and at the end we were having to help him up. He even had a poo lying where he was because he couldn’t get up by himself.

This we couldn’t bare. He wasn’t happy we could see it.

I can’t believe how quickly his legs failed him but I don’t think it helped because of his poor eating.

Anyway, we made the hardest decision we’ve ever had to make and I’m so heartbroken it’s untrue. On Thursday we said goodbye to him and I cuddled him the whole time and it was so peaceful.

We’re both finding it so hard to be at hone right now and everything reminds us of him. I’ve lost my shadow.

It’s taken me a long time to write this because writing it down makes it seem so real but I thought you all should know because you’ve given us lots of support through everything.
Josie, five weeks ago we lost our beloved dog called Cooper to
He was our loyal companion for 16 years.
Within a few days our fit looking dog developed a nasty cough which after visits to the vets an x-ray discovered a massive lung tumour.Most sadly we had to let our Cooper go while he was sedated.
We are still reeling with grief for the loss our best friend, our house is empty without him
So you are far from alone

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back