The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scar Tissue

Gembabes

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

My staff cross caught herself on something in the forest. She had a nasty cut from her chest to her belly, I kept it clean and it has healed up fine. Now I have noticed though that she has soft lumps under the scar, do you think this is just scar tissue? They have just come up and are only along where the cut was worse. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Gem

She could have foreign bodies in the healed skin, dirt etc that may not have been noticeable at the time, keep an eye on it as the body will try to eliminate any dirt and the skin may open up again which may lead to infection, im assuming it was only superficial and wasn't the sort of cut that would have required stitching ??

Some dogs as with humans may also over granulate when healing ( makes more scar tissue ) but keep an eye out and if your concerned take her to your vet .

Cool thanks, no it wasn't deep enough for stitches I cleaned it all out with sterile gauze and salt water. It's only just puffed up in the last couple of days. I'll keep me eye on it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back