The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Bend Open

jim l

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all we have just had our east Ayrshire agm and it was said that the owner of Ayr grey hound stadium would like to sponsor an open

would there be any support for this event I think you would need at least 40 dogs to make it worth while the last time we ran a bend open at ayr we only got 12 dogs

before we make any enquires we would like some feed back ie- is to far to travel, is there to many bend events

the track is one of the best in the country with a new out side hair

cheers jim

I think the time of year you plan on holding it will determine the turnout more than anything.

Be nice to see another track being used

We would love to attend but, :( much too far up for us, (di & Steve) from Cornwall. :thumbsup: good luck if you go ahead with it, :luck: di

excellent bend track, lovely and clean and brill running surface, i was there at your last open with two dogs making the twelve, such a shame, brill trophies,jackets ect.......i will be there hopefully :D

May be interested, or at least would try and make the effort :thumbsup:

P.S Prefferably early 2010 so my two will have only just turned Veteran :clown:

Great news that we may have a scottish bend open. :thumbsup: hope this comes off we will be there

can anyone tell me why gretna isnt used might get a better turn out . dont think any thing wrong with ayr .gretna not as far for a lot of folks. price of fuel the closer the better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

best of luck :thumbsup:

can anyone tell me why gretna isnt used might get a better turn out . dont think any thing wrong with ayr .gretna not as far for a lot of folks. price of fuel the closer the better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
the people who run want put up trophies ,jackets and some added prise money that's why it would have to be ayr

cheers jim

the people who run want put up trophies ,jackets and some added prise money that's why it would have to be ayr

cheers jim
good idea jim but you will struggle to get a good turn out jim unless there big prize money but good luck any way

east ayrshire straights gets good turn out, why not bends, may be fed could hold an event there, they do at portsmouth, and get decent turn out

If camping was a good event maybe you could have a weekend meeting with both bends and straights -that way those that dont do straights can run with others in Scotland--just for a change ---best of both worlds-

steve==

plus ask for top ten points ------------------------?

even the fed get poor turn outs at portsmouth. for us ayr 203 miles gretna 83 miles. extra 120 miles ++ each way for most folks.

would be great to get a scotish bend open, this time of year folks not keen on traveling.

thought about trying gretna,even the ngrc tracks are looking to make money very good track, 280 sprint.

even the fed get poor turn outs at portsmouth. for us ayr 203 miles gretna 83 miles. extra 120 miles ++ each way for most folks.
would be great to get a scotish bend open, this time of year folks not keen on traveling.

thought about trying gretna,even the ngrc tracks are looking to make money very good track, 280 sprint.

dave i think the reason its @ ayre is becoz thats the track that wants to sponser the open. personally i dont do bends but i doubt u wud get 40 dogs easington struggle to get 30 JMO

dave scottish travel down here, why not once a year go to theres, we can not grumble living where we do, :D

Everywhere's looking to make money Dave when money's tight. What Jim's saying though is this open at Ayr would be sponsored by the track (trophies jackets & maybe added prize money) the only thing the racers would need to cover would be the cost of the stadium, at an NGRC track the club would not only have to worry about covering the stadium hire but would also have to pay for trophies, jackets etc.

would deff come with my 3 but depends when its on as my 2 young ones are just about to start their schooling on bends

the next bit is for David H Ive been in contact with GRETNA over the past 3 years on behalf of the NNWRF and it isn't available they have too much on

We'll come with 3 dogs with or without exra pay-out :thumbsup: :luck: if you want any help give us a shout.

Geoff

Steve just worked it out and it would be just over 500 miles for use, not worth it with only one dog to race and even if she did win the drive home would take all the fun out of the win. :lol: but i wish everyone else luck if it come off. :thumbsup: di

great track ,i was one of the 12 that raced there with paloma, ( 2004 )and depending on the date i would attend again. I.E. not to near champs.

would be a good idea to approach the fed or bwra they might be interested in putting an open on,

At the moment we have got 1 BWRA Regional straight open and we are allowed 1 straight and 1 bend .We want some feedback before our AGM so that we know whether it is worth going ahead with organising etc.

Think it would be last week Sept. or first week Oct.

Cheers Danny.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back