The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Whippet Derby

John

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi sorry for just getting around to replying to the posts with regards to the Scottish Whippet Derby (Classic) but I am just back from Devon.  As far as I know the following is the format for the event. To be run at Kirkcaldy WRC on 21st & 22nd July 2001.

160yds front dog in 2lb classes. Dogs & Bitches seperate.

17lb,19lb,21lb,23lb,25lb,27lb,29lb,31lb,33lb,35lb.

5x4 Dog Semis - All in 19lb,23lb,27lb,31lb,35lb.

Pups up to 12 months (proof of age required) 150yds front dog.

Classes 20lb,25lb,30lb,35lb.

Yearlings 12 to 18 months (proof of age required) 150yds front dog.

Veterans 150yds front dog.

All in yd/lb + yd/yr over 5 years old (proof of age required).

40lb Scratch.

No limit scratch.

Puppy and veteran no limit scratch.

Weigh in 8am until 10am.

Consolation Derby.

5 Groups 19lb,23lb,27lb,31lb,35lb.

Heats run at yd/lb.

Finals run at half yard a pound.

Anyone wanting more information or directions contact me through this forum.

There will also be opens on the 14th & 15th July 2001 at Kirkcaldy WRC.  There is normally a open on the Wednesday between the two weekends but at this time I have no details if it is to be run I will find out and let everyone know. Weekend opens top ten. On track camping available. Hope to see everyone there.

(Edited by John at 9:39 pm on June 19, 2001)

Hi john,

did you have fun in devon? who won? any juicy gossip? let me know ,at the moment we have a house full of cripples and have not been anywhere apart from the local club.

see you soon

Hi Michelle,

At the moment we can only find one programme from Devon as we have not fully unpacked as yet.

The main NWRF finals were contested by

R Bally Storm 31lb

B Hellbound 30lb

W A Kinda Magic 26lb

BL Daylami 19lb

Winner Bally Storm. A good race with the winner putting in a strong finnish to take it with only a few yards splitting the four dogs.

Veterans

R Alabama 29lb

b Fiddlers Delph 26lb

w Call Me Hoppy 20lb

Winner Call me hoppy.

Puppy

R Rift 23lb

B Short Spot 20lb

Winner Short Spot.

Over the two weekends there was some good racing with the usual dogs doing well but also some new names coming through.

I think there will be some new names being talked about over the next few months.

As for my own dogs the two of them have come home injured and one has had to go to the vet.  Ross (Crack O Dawn) is injured again he seems to have done something to his back leg and it is giving him some pain.  He has run well at times this year when fit but this is not the first time this leg has hurt him this year.  So I am going to try and get him fit for the BWRA champiomships in August but if the leg gets injured again I am going to consider retiring him.  As for my other dog Jed (Payback) he won the yearlings outright on the first Saturday.  On the Sunday he was second in his heat and apperently had qualified for the final as first two dogs qualify for the final.  But I did not know this as I had forgot to take our W/N to Devon with me and the line judge only held up the winners flag so I thought he was out and decided to go back to the caravan.  I then got a look at a W/N and decided to rest Ross on the Wednesday and race Jed in the yearlings.  When I went to weigh Jed in I was informed that the yearlings had been cancelled due to the time it would take to run them.  Although I was dissapointed (as I plan the dogs races by looking at the adverts in the W/N) I decided to put him in the adults.  He ran okay but as he is a yearling I was quite happy to get to the d final and finish second.  That night Jed was limping quite bad and I had to take him to the vet the next day.  He has a punctured pad witch had to be cleaded out and dressed.  I have since had it treated at my own vet and I hope he will be okay in a few weeks. So at the second weekend thats when Ross hurt his leg again so to say I had mixed fortunes at Devon is a understatement. Thats all for now.

hi john,

did the derby go well? spoke to mark with stormbird he was well chuffed, he said he had a good time! when you get time will you post the results?

anyway hope to see you at old hall and we hope ross is ok!

Hi Michell    the results of the Scottish Derby are

NO LIMIT

NIMROD FLY

40 l/b

STORM BIRD

VETS NO LIMIT

WILD BLUEBERRY

VETS CONSALATION

JALDIE

VETS FINAL

CALL ME HOPPY

DOG PUPPY

KAHN

BITCH PUPPY

TROUBELL

YEARLING CONS FINAL

JACKOMITE

YEARLING FINAL

DRAMA QUEEN

CONS PUPS

JESSIE

PUPPY FINAL

TROUBELL

CONS FINAL

ROSIES DOUBLE 1st

SNOW FIRE 2nd

TORMENTOR 3rd

GOLD SPELL 4th

SCULLY  5th

DERBY FINAL

DAYLAMI 1st

DEMOLITION BLUE 2nd

AQUICE 3rd

FLUKE  4th

DESPARATE DAN  5th

Our dog will be back racing at Ayr this weekend as both have the all clear from the vet so just have to get them race fit. All going well we will be at the championships at Old Hall see you John

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back