The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Scrambled egg?

Discussion in 'Puppy Forum' started by Lucie Lou, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Lucie Lou

Lucie Lou New Member Registered

I feed my puppy 3 times a day but for his breakfast I’ve been giving him scrambled egg mixed with dry food.
    I’ve read conflicting advice for and against this.
    He appears to be thriving.
    What are your views please.

2. Whippylove

Whippylove Well-Known Member Registered

My whippets love scrambled egg mixed into their food, i just dont add anything like milk etc just plain egg. :)

Lucie Lou likes this.
  3. Michele83

Michele83 Active Member Registered

Whenever my mine has had a bad tummy my vet has listed scrambled egg (WITHOUT milk or butter) as one of the good bland foods you can give them until the tummy problems settle down, as well as chicken, plain white fish, and rice. So it's definitely not bad for them ... but not sure what the long term effects are.

Lucie Lou likes this.
  4. Lucie Lou

Lucie Lou New Member Registered

Thank you for your reply. I don’t add milk or butter. And his toilet habits are healthy. I may just cut it down to 5 days a week.
    I have an appointment at the vets on Wednesday so will double check with them too.

5. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

too much of anything isnt normally a good idea but eggs are richin selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 zinc, iron and copper.
    Sadly eggs dont agree with Murphy but if your dog gets on well with them then so thats great ...Our parrot loves his egg though and he does get a bit of egg on a regualr basis to bolster his diet.

Lucie Lou likes this.
  6. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Bear in mind that the dog food should be completely balanced, so adding a significant amount of anything can upset that balance - given his size it wouldn't take much scrambled egg to unbalance the diet.

You can feed egg raw, too (though the same caveat applies). Hen eggs don't agree with Jasper, so most days he has a raw quail egg, shell included. Just don't tell anyone, because he wants to maintain his rufty-tufty image;)

arealhuman and Lucie Lou like this.
  7. merlina

merlina Well-Known Member Registered

Quails eggs? Do you draw the line at caviare though?

But agree, eggs are good, cooked or raw- I think my two given the chance would eat a half dozen, shells and cardboard box as well. :p

8. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

I assure you, it's worth it to avoid the toxic sulphurous emissions when he has hen eggs!

merlina and Mad Murphy like this.
  9. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

Harri likes his eggs raw. He turns his nose up at dog scrambled egg but will go to great lengths to try and snaffle human scrambled eggs (with the butter and seasoning!)

Lucie Lou likes this.
  10. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Hmmm, I might try some scrambled eggs for Jimmy. I'm sure he'd eat them (like most food) :D

Lucie Lou likes this.
  11. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

Scrambled egg is great, I used to give it to Rox for breakfast a few times a week, not so much anymore but I will definitely start using it for when she has an upset tummy, I didn't think of egg! I usually just go for chicken and rice.

Lucie Lou likes this.