The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scratch Golden Jacket?

Victoria Woolhead

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Not saying this to **** anyone off!

BUT... would like to bring up, why the scratch dogs (in this day and age) don't get the same as the yard lb?

Its called a Golden Jacket ... but there isn't one for scratch dogs. They race as hard to get there! The owners pay to enter them, just the same as all the others... travel etc..

There are quite a few of us that just like racing the biguns... and you have had some "amazing" scratch dogs that are every bit worthy ... bout time the big ones got the same respect! :thumbsup:

I have one dog! He is also running out of his skin at the moment (incl 2 GJ), I dont have anything in the photo's to suggest what he won to remember it by. Sentiment!! We certainly are not doing it for the money!! I was told it was a prestigious competition to win in whippet racing, and one to mark on the race calender? It would be good if this was reflected.

sup scr was only introduced to all racing a few years ago..before that it was a great achievement to win 40lb and no limit (48lb didn't run either) personally i am not a great lover of sup scr ..i think it took the limelight of the scr class winners..ALSO THE ISSUES WITH A GREAT WEIGH DIFFERENT

As for no limit 48lb, 40lb scoring in golden jacket towards where sup (which is 5 class wins on bends same as straight) they do so..if you win 5 classes wins you'll receive your sup jacket

Last edited by a moderator:
sup scr was only introduced to all racing a few years ago..before that it was a great achievement to win 40lb and no limit (48lb didn't run either) personally i am not a great lover of sup scr ..i think it took the limelight of the scr class winners..ALSO THE ISSUES WITH A GREAT WEIGH DIFFERENT
As for no limit 48lb, 40lb scoring in golden jacket towards where sup (which is 5 class wins on bends same as straight) they do so..if you win 5 classes wins you'll receive your sup jacket

Why do the scratch dogs have to win 5 to get a jacket when the others get one on the day. Dont you think the scratch dogs and scratch people deserve the same as the little dogs? Regardless, of liking scratch or lb racing.

Sorry Vicky i didn't say i don't like scr dogs pmsl ive had plenty myself in the past

Golden jacket wins whether its ydlb or scr all have to score 5 class wins to receive there sup..i think what your asking is why does the sup scr dog not receive a golden jacket for its sup win per golden jacket open ..i can answer that no one has ever asked before that i am aware of ..but we are always open to suggestions on things that need changing in the NNWRF all you need to do is send a letter into us and the committee will discussed it ..if we think its workable it will be passed at the beginning of a new race season

Sorry I missed Lionel aka deenside cruz win the weekend I can sure you Victoria every body know how special you boy is only few more wins and you get your golden jacket not many win them so good luck in get one in future :thumbsup:

Sorry Vicky i didn't say i don't like scr dogs pmsl ive had plenty myself in the past
Golden jacket wins whether its ydlb or scr all have to score 5 class wins to receive there sup..i think what your asking is why does the sup scr dog not receive a golden jacket for its sup win per golden jacket open ..i can answer that no one has ever asked before that i am aware of ..but we are always open to suggestions on things that need changing in the NNWRF all you need to do is send a letter into us and the committee will discussed it ..if we think its workable it will be passed at the beginning of a new race season

Yeah.. thats what I ment Dee ;)

Thanks x

Sorry I missed Lionel aka deenside cruz win the weekend I can sure you Victoria every body know how special you boy is only few more wins and you get your golden jacket not many win them so good luck in get one in future :thumbsup:
Wasnt the point I was trying to make Lyndon.. but think weve got there now :thumbsup:

See you at the champs!

TBH Vicky i really felt for you at the weekend winning both sup and class and no trophy to show for it

We don't have many Sup Scr trophy's as i said sup scr hasn't ran from when these opens where 1st sponsored and started

We have replaced alot of the golden jacket opens trophy's since 2007 ..only to find some of the trophy's are not returned and its mainly the scr ones for some reason :wacko:

Why do the scratch dogs have to win 5 to get a jacket when the others get one on the day. Dont you think the scratch dogs and scratch people deserve the same as the little dogs? Regardless, of liking scratch or lb racing.
The Jacket is a trophy which goes to the supreme winner on the day

the veterans,veteran scr, yearlings, yearling scr , pupps, puppy scr don't get one either Victoria but if you or anyone would like to sponsor one on a yearly basis for a particular category it can be arranged

The GOLDEN JACKET opens started way back when the Sup run off in the y/lb adult racing was taken off, NO LIMIT SCRATCH RACING at that time was only classed as additional racing no trophies winner take all moving on a few years saw the 40lb scratch class come in and more recently the 48lb scratch class in between all that members requested off on the day which is what we have now known as CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS and the 5 Golden Jacket class wins to gain SUPREME NATIONAL CHAMPION

Just been back through previous winners of the 48lb class and realized that the 48lb class is fairly new too..so we need to look into it as to what opens has got 48lb trophy's and what hasn't

TBH Vicky i really felt for you at the weekend winning both sup and class and no trophy to show for it
We don't have many Sup Scr trophy's as i said sup scr hasn't ran from when these opens where 1st sponsored and started

We have replaced alot of the golden jacket opens trophy's since 2007 ..only to find some of the trophy's are not returned and its mainly the scr ones for some reason :wacko:
Really think it's bad that people are still not returning trophies.I thought photo's were being taken every year? Surely then there's a record of the winner,and there's no denying that they have won it.Victoria must have been gutted,and well p......ed off.If you've got a picture the owner can't deny it.Should be standard practise now :thumbsup:Can see what Linda's saying about when Golden Jackets were bought in,scratch was just a winner take all thing,but scratch racing as been around for years now,and lets face it when it comes to champs,they make up huge percentage of the racers on the day :thumbsup: So as a scratch racer and a member,I think it's about time we were given the same honour as the yd a lbers :thumbsup: I understand yearling,vets, etc being extras,but Supreme Scratch at a Golden Jacket event,in my eyes is worthy of the same treatment as the dog and bitch winners.Surely Fed funds can stretch to a jacket for Supreme Scratch.We pay just the same as every other member,and in my eyes are just as important :thumbsup:

Really think it's bad that people are still not returning trophies.I thought photo's were being taken every year? Surely then there's a record of the winner,and there's no denying that they have won it.Victoria must have been gutted,and well p......ed off.If you've got a picture the owner can't deny it.Should be standard practise now :thumbsup:Can see what Linda's saying about when Golden Jackets were bought in,scratch was just a winner take all thing,but scratch racing as been around for years now,and lets face it when it comes to champs,they make up huge percentage of the racers on the day :thumbsup: So as a scratch racer and a member,I think it's about time we were given the same honour as the yd a lbers :thumbsup: I understand yearling,vets, etc being extras,but Supreme Scratch at a Golden Jacket event,in my eyes is worthy of the same treatment as the dog and bitch winners.Surely Fed funds can stretch to a jacket for Supreme Scratch.We pay just the same as every other member,and in my eyes are just as important :thumbsup:

Even when photos are taken some still deny it karen beleive me lol

totally agree with what you say scr is a massive part of racing :thumbsup: imo still don't think sup scr is the fairest or safest run off

As someone who owns Dogs, Bitches, Scratch, Vets i feel if Golden Jackets are being handed out willy nilly it will surely take away the prestige, i agree it is a brilliant achievement to win Supreme Scratch at any event, particularly one as well attended as Sunday's Open and there is a lot of good competition, but then you could argue it's also a huge achievement to get a dog still competing and winning at over 5 years of age (says a lot about the dog, it's breeding and the trainer) but i accept the fact that the name "Golden Jacket" and the presentation coat that comes with it was and still should be focusing on the main overall handicap winner. Maybe a presentation jacket could be offered instead of prize money for those wishing to have a keepsake of the event.

See what your saying Vicky,and i'm quite happy to take some of what i said back,your right and I was wrong(my mates gonna love that :lol: ) Supreme in any classes i.e Vets,Yearlings,are as worthy as any other Supreme of a jacket for winning on the day,and also think your idea of a jacket instead of prize money is a brilliant idea :thumbsup: Maybe Fed could ask members which they prefer. :thumbsup: that way wouldn't cost as much to provide them.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Supreme run off Dee,I love it :thumbsup: As for trophies,i'm sure I read something from Linda about the return of trophies the other day.Only one way to get persistent offenders to return trophys is to refuse them entry into any events until they return them.Seems harsh,I know,but they only have to put thereselves in the position of the person who had no trophy to recieve,and i'm sure they would think twice about it.The only other option I see is get cheaper trophys (or jackets) for the owner to keep.Something has to be done to stop the likes of Victoria's dissapointment on Sunday.

It happens Dee.. he didn't get anything for the other GJ at beginning of Oct either. Thats why the Jacket that you give the other sup works so well. Looks good for photo's and you know what competition it is too. Even if you just had a jacket that the fed or whatever club keeps for the photos?? Be better than nothing. I love personally keeping the photo's.. trophies often go back anyhow.... but main point i was trying to make was that its kept fair... scratch sup gets the same as sup bitch or dog.

Anyways, just thoughts and suggestions, and I am greatfull to everyone that works on putting on these opens. :thumbsup:

It happens Dee.. he didn't get anything for the other GJ at beginning of Oct either. Thats why the Jacket that you give the other sup works so well. Looks good for photo's and you know what competition it is too. Even if you just had a jacket that the fed or whatever club keeps for the photos?? Be better than nothing. I love personally keeping the photo's.. trophies often go back anyhow.... but main point i was trying to make was that its kept fair... scratch sup gets the same as sup bitch or dog.

Anyways, just thoughts and suggestions, and I am greatfull to everyone that works on putting on these opens. :thumbsup:

Dont worry Vicky this will get discussed at our next com meeting ..

im personaly going to replace the trophies missing from last 2 events where they havnt been returned .

my offer is still there to have a supreme jacket for the supreme scratch winner at the 3 golden jacket events(BENDS) on a yearly basis.

The Jacket is a trophy which goes to the supreme winner on the day

the veterans,veteran scr, yearlings, yearling scr , pupps, puppy scr don't get one either Victoria but if you or anyone would like to sponsor one on a yearly basis for a particular category it can be arranged

The GOLDEN JACKET opens started way back when the Sup run off in the y/lb adult racing was taken off, NO LIMIT SCRATCH RACING at that time was only classed as additional racing no trophies winner take all moving on a few years saw the 40lb scratch class come in and more recently the 48lb scratch class in between all that members requested off on the day which is what we have now known as CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS and the 5 Golden Jacket class wins to gain SUPREME NATIONAL CHAMPION

Graham, if your good enough to sponsor... then, so should I be! COME ON SCRATCH RACERS... as Linda said.. we can sponsor a jacket... what other GJ are there in the yr.. lets see if we can get them all covered! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back