The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scruples Puppies Have Arrived!

hayball2001

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all,

As some of you know Scruples took in a heavily pregnant whippet bitch 3 weeks ago. She was scanned and was shown to be around 7 weeks pregnant with 4-5 puppies.

In the late after noon of Monday the 22nd of August Meg gave birth to a litter of 7 puppies. 5 bitches and 2 dogs. All arrived safely and Meg is fine. All puppies are still doing really well, there is no obvious runt and they all are feeding well.

They are not pure whippets, obviously we cannot be 100% sure what the are, but we think they are collie crosses, possibly welsh collies.

Pictures are below. They are not great quality as they were taken on a mobile phone and we taken quickly as the foster carer didn't want to disturb the pups too much.

megandpups.jpg

megpup2.jpg

dog2.jpg

dog1.jpg

more below...

Gorgeous Mum and pups , good luck to them all :luck:

After a bit of research and googling i managed to track down the previous owner an hour ago!

The Sire is a Hancock lurcher 50% collie, 50% whippet and is blue merle in colour.

Gorgeous pups and mum ........ They will need very experienced homes with that breeding though hey ...... :luck:

Beautiful puppies and some gorgeous colours. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Glad mum and pups are all doing well. :thumbsup:

After a bit of research and googling i managed to track down the previous owner an hour ago!

The Sire is a Hancock lurcher 50% collie, 50% whippet and is blue merle in colour.

[/quote

I was under the impression that Hancock Lurchers were Collie x Greyhound?

I was under the impression that Hancock Lurchers were Collie x Greyhound?

Yes, they are, You are right.. Thats what i ment... i should really read what i have written before i press post.

Dad is a Blue merle Hancock lurcher, 50% collie, 50% greyhound. Mum is a whippet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful little babies :wub: well done Meg and Scruples.

It will be interesting to see how these pups develop...what lovely merle markings they have. Mum is lovely too.

What pretty puppies. Glad to hear that they are doing well. :wub:

Gorgeous! If only I needed a new dog........ :wub:

What cracking looking pups , Im sure it dosnt matter what their breeding is as mum looks devoted to them ,

Good luck getting super homes for them ,

Dont forget I still need an address to send the wormer to :thumbsup:

So glad that mum and pups are doing well and in safe hands. I too think their merle colouring is beautiful :wub: and I wish them all long and happy lives in their future homes. :luck:

Lovely pups :wub: and I love the markings on mums back, lucky pups have landed on their paws now. Hope they have a long and happy future :luck:

Stunning pups! my favs are this mix of lurcher :teehee: good luck with them

Any chance of some updated photos? How tall do we think these pups are going to get? How tall is mom and dad?

There are quite a few pictures of the pups on the Scruples facebook page ........... I think they are viewable by all? :D

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2...5157&type=1

They all have their provisional homes lined up now but sometimes things can change so we are still taking applications to adopt. They are currently coming up to 5 weeks old and will be ready to leave for their new homes when they reach 9 weeks old. :thumbsup: Mum is a pure bred whippet approx 19" and dad is a collie x gh Hancock lurcher. Not quite sure how tall but will find out (chap who owned both Meg, the mum, and the dog didn't know Meg was pregnant when he handed her over to us).

We would post pictures on all the forums too but loading photobucket and sorting it all out takes such a long time and time is something we are all short of at the moment! (w00t) (w00t) :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back