The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Secure field/land

boycie2013

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help, we have a rehomed 1yr old American Bulldog that has a bit of fear/aggression towards other dogs.

We give him all the exercise we can on lead, but don't risk letting him off the lead yet as we are still training him.

We are looking to see if anyone knows about any secure land or fields in the South London or West Sussex area that we can let him off lead to play and burn some of that energy they have.

Willing to pay a small fee for the rent of it for a couple hours at the weekends or whenever really.

If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated. I'm sure were not the only owners in this position.

Many Thanks

trying to find a secure area is a nightmare!

i have nothing round where i live so we rely on big fields or park areas where local dogs congregate so my little guy can have a run and a play

if you are worried about letting your dog off lead, try getting a long lead. not an extendable one but a long 10 meter one.

that way he can run about and you still have control over him. this way if you see another approaching you can reel him in and wait til it passes before giving him a bit more slack. its a very good way of training on recall too!

my little guy is still learning his recall at the moment and the long lead is invaluable to my training

with the fear aggression i recommend taking your dog to training classes. this way he can be socialized in a controlled area and it will help with building the bond between you and your dog. his fear aggression will take time to go away but i have seen this in other dogs that have come to the same classes as me and my dog and the transformation was remarkable.

good luck!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back