The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Seen It All Now

How disgusting :rant: :rant: :rant:

Poor little girl, it breaks my heart. How can people do things like that. :( :( :( :angry: :angry: :angry: :'( :'( :'(

That's terrible, that poor girl :( :rant:

I wonder why the owner is selling now when he could (presumably) make more money selling mum and pups in a few weeks? Unfortunately someone is going to see the £ signs and snap her up for all the wrong reasons :(

I can't look at those sites, it upsets me too much to see how casually some people buy and sell dogs purely for their working or breeding ability, no regard for the dogs themselves or what sort of home they go to :(

The father is a non-ped, whippet x grey.

The pups won't be worth much and I see the bitch is an ex-worker so possibly retired through injury :unsure:

Whatever, this is the ultimate cruelty and disrespect for a defenceless creature. I can only assume the owner can't afford to keep her and the puppies so they are trying to out her before the event :angry:

I have written to ask why he is selling her but doubt I will get a reply :( .......... if I was nearer I would go and buy her today.

Breaks my heart to think how some dogs are treated , i do hope someone can take her on and give her a life of love and affection :(

Im about 20 mins away from wakefield so if anyones serious about giving her a home i will help out as much as possible ,sadly with 9 here i couldnt keep her myself long term :(

Jane, I thought the same thing :angry:

I have to be realistic tho'

Toddy and Lilly were both rescued this way, through ads like these.

I just cannot bear to look anymore, it makes me so sad and angry :( :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely sickening. :rant:

God only knows where this poor bitch & her pups will end up :(

The father is a non-ped, whippet x grey.The pups won't be worth much and I see the bitch is an ex-worker so possibly retired through injury :unsure:

Whatever, this is the ultimate cruelty and disrespect for a defenceless creature. I can only assume the owner can't afford to keep her and the puppies so they are trying to out her before the event :angry:

I have written to ask why he is selling her but doubt I will get a reply :( .......... if I was nearer I would go and buy her today.

ex worker means excellent worker jane , just spoke to the lad

OMG..... :angry: how terrible...poor girl and her puppies, I do hope someone kind gets her for the right reasons.

Why oh why??

You are a star, Jinnyfizz, I'm so glad this girl will be safe :D :D

Will you need help with transport?

Right ....... Scruples Whippet Rescue is now in operation!!!!

She is being picked up on Sunday by Trish Gilfeather and we are hoping to arrange for someone to bring her downwards from the Lancashire area on Sunday, please :D

It would be great if transport from the Lancs to Birmingham area could be covered by someone and then, if anyone lives around the Birmingham area and could do a run down to Bristol where I can meet them, that would be wonderful!!!

I have never whelped a dog before ........ done cats and horses, but never dogs ......... so all help and advice will be gratefully received. I know I can call on Dawn and Tish for all their experience so I am not alone :thumbsup:

I shall be preparing the nursery over the next couple of weeks and will take her for a vet check as soon as she arrives here :D

She is being picked up on Sunday by Trish Gilfeather and we are hoping to arrange for someone to bring her downwards from the Lancashire area on Sunday, please :D

It would be great if transport from the Lancs to Birmingham area could be covered by someone and then, if anyone lives around the Birmingham area and could do a run down to Bristol where I can meet them, that would be wonderful!!!

I have never whelped a dog before ........ done cats and horses, but never dogs ......... so all help and advice will be gratefully received. I know I can call on Dawn and Tish for all their experience so I am not alone :thumbsup:

I shall be preparing the nursery over the next couple of weeks and will take her for a vet check as soon as she arrives here :D

getting her tomorrow jane ,just hope my girls behave with her and that she likes cats otherwise bedlam :lol:

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Be careful with the cats, Tish ......... she's worked so she might be very dangerous for them.

Good luck with the pick up ....... you are a first class lady xxxxxxxx

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Be careful with the cats, Tish ......... she's worked so she might be very dangerous for them.

Good luck with the pick up ....... you are a first class lady xxxxxxxx

[/quot

will ask him what shes like with cats , might give him a deposit and collect her sunday morning , will see

getting her tomorrow jane ,just hope my girls behave with her and that she likes cats otherwise bedlam :lol:

Well done both of you, what a fantastic outcome this will be. :)

Just a thought BUT it might be worth asking whilst you are there if he owns dad or you are able to see him. It just crossed my mind that maybe the mating wasn't planned & he found out that she is in whelp & if she is only a small girl & has been mated by a really large greyhound x, he is worried that there will be problems with her whelping which is why he wants shot beforehand?

This may not be the case at all & as i say it was only a thought but wouldn't be any harm in seeing the dad if he is available so at least you can be prepared for any possible problems.

Best of luck, keep us all informed. :luck: :luck: :luck:

These freead sites really are bringing the scum of the earth out of the woodwork! There are many dogs advertised, no doubt some in very dubious circumstances but this situation is extreme to say the very least!

Well done to those big hearted people who are helping this poor dog. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back