The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Self Service Dog Wash

If a self-service dog wash could be installed in your local area, would you use it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ricky Lower

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there!
I’m Ricky, the owner of a beautiful 4 year old Old English Bulldog. Has anyone ever used a self-service dog Wash for their beloved pooch? Would you use one/recommend?

Attachments

• 5A24A7FD-CD59-4536-9B0A-677458C5BA76.jpeg
    5A24A7FD-CD59-4536-9B0A-677458C5BA76.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 121
No, I wouldn't. My dog is of a sensitive disposition and would completely freak out! Thankfully, he's Teflon coated - the dirt falls off him pretty soon. I'm sure they're great for dogs like labs and spaniels who like water (and mud) and are a bit more easy-going though.

No. Washing the dog would be just as easy at home, and drying him would be far easier at home.

No - another very sensitive dog here who is better off spot-washed at home.

Any such facility would need an attendant at all times, one used to handling dogs when owners get a problem e.g. one dog allowed to harass another (assuming it's such a popular facility that there is a queue) and very good insurance cover on behalf of whoever owns the facility. There would be quite a big land use to cater for a drying area plus car parking, and out-of-hours security would be a "must" to deter vandalism.. It would have to be rather expensive to cover all this outlay.

We have a self service dog wash in our local jolleys store ...my sister uses it for her saluki girl ....
I bought 6 plasterers buckets fill them with warm water and wash the lurchers ...the Jack Russell's can fit in our Belfast sink:)

We've got one too in our town but I wouldn't use it. I find it is so easy to fill up couple of watering cans full of water and wash our girls in a garden where they can then do their mad run around and shake the excess water off. After that we towel them and let them in to house....where the mad rubbing themselves on furniture carry on :rolleyes::D And after that they settle down on front of fire to dry off last 'horrid' water.....now if it would have been dirty pond/puddle water, there would have been totally different reaction to it :D:D

Hi,

I wouldn't use it because I have a small dog that I can wash in my shower or bathtub.

In my opinion, this kind of service can be useful for people who have a big dog and have a small bathroom or if you went for a walk with your dog, who is very dirty and you want to clean him up before you come back home.

In my opinion, this kind of service can be useful for people who have a big dog and have a small bathroom or if you went for a walk with your dog, who is very dirty and you want to clean him up before you come back home.

Absolutely.

Or, a garden hose works quite well!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back