The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Seresto flea collars

Whippylove

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I'm looking for advice, I'm wanting to change my flea treatment (advocate) the smell doesn't agree with my husbands asthma, I don't want to go back to bravecto as I'm concerned about the health problems I've read so I'm thinking about seresto? I've read about these but would love peoples opinions about them or what you use for flea treatment.
Thank you

Yes, I use them, and am really happy with them :) Jasper hates spot-ons, and has thrown up after having tablets. Before I used the collars he could get several ticks a day, and could get grumpy after removing a few... now he gets about two or three ticks a season.

There are those who think they can trigger seizures in some dogs but I don't think there's reliable data to back this up, and my vet thinks it's unlikely as the chemical stays within the skin rather than getting into the whole system (that's from memory, you might want to fact-check;)).

One of the people I met, on the agility circuit I think, had a young dog become seriously ill by chewing one. Can’t remember how it managed it, but it was a bit touch and go. :( Don’t know the make though.

We use FrontLine, coupled with daily checking, during tick season.
My understanding is that the collars are more effective, but at the same time more harmful, to dogs and humans. Given that Baby Miles spends a good amount of time hugging and snuggling with his humans - collars were ruled out.

Thank you all for your replies.
I'm still not sure what to use, my boy's share the bed with us that's another reason for a change from advocate the smell is really bad and takes ages to dry. I'm really unsure of bravecto because of all the health issues I've read, going to have to think about it. Cheers

Interesting to read your comments on Advocate and asthma. When we were treating the dog with Advocate, we experienced the same (child became really wheezy when near the dog). We also found that it made the dog's fur really greasy where we applied it. It felt like I was dosing the whole family and not just the dog! It has put me off using any preventative treatments.

I have to say we use advantix spot on during summer /hot months but the rest of the year we just give a daily sheepfat with garlic block and there have been no fleas for many many years even before Murphy came along.. Ticks ?? one or two during the summer but we walk in long grass and woodland on a daily basis.

I must admit Ive never liked collars and we do have very snuggley dogs so it puts me off trying

We use advocate and I’m not a big fan. It really does smell!

Hi I'm looking for advice, I'm wanting to change my flea treatment (advocate) the smell doesn't agree with my husbands asthma, I don't want to go back to bravecto as I'm concerned about the health problems I've read so I'm thinking about seresto? I've read about these but would love peoples opinions about them or what you use for flea treatment.
Thank you

I'm looking into this myself right now and Bravecto indeed seems to be dangerous (people are even petitioning to get it pulled from the market at this point). So yea, better stay away from that D:
According to this list, Serestro looks like the best choice and the ratings also sound good on Amazon so I think I'll try those collars once my doggo's current flea problem is dealt with. Glad for your input <3

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back