The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shanes Castle Game Fair Racingday

Discussion in 'Hound' started by Margaret Mc Stay, Jun 25, 2011.

1. AlbertJ

AlbertJ New Member Registered

Stuart,

Dreadfully sorry to hear the latest diagnosis. Here's hoping for a full recovery.

Albert

2. Debbie b

Debbie b New Member Registered

Sorry to hear ronnie's not good at the moment i hope he has a speedy recovery, :thumbsup:

3. dennned

dennned New Member Registered

thanks , i'm sure he'll be fine , but a long bout of rest beckons i think ??

4. dennned

albert , unfortunatly these things happen in dog racing aswell as hunting , i'm at no way passing any blame to any owner or dog , IT HAPPENS i fully accept that, stuart

5. dazgail

dazgail New Member Registered

Stuart,

Hope Ronnie makes a full recovery. The rest should allow him to develop and mature and come back a stronger and faster dog as he is just a big pup. Got the dvd done today so will be in the post tomorrow.

Darren

6. dazgail

dazgail New Member Registered

Has anyone heard any news on Diego as he got injured by an absolute idiot after his heat? Patsy was concerned about him and i think he was due to take him to the vets today. Hope there is no lasting damage done.

7. slippy

slippy New Member Registered

Eddie,

If a man comes up and tells Matt its a whippet, what is he supposed to do he has to take the mans word. He can hardly call the man a liar.

8. chid21

chid21 New Member Registered

hit the nail on the head there mate :thumbsup:

albert you should try to make the lurcher and terrier events that show lurchers for what they are .... working dogs ...not greyhound saturated flimsy dogs ...get the high jump back ... hurdle racing ... and such .... the mourne lurcher and terrier show shows up all the big gamefairs imo and its only been going 3 years ...

and the main thing get judges who have actually worked a dog and not just talk a good hunt ...

9. pepa

pepa New Member Registered

Hopping Ronny recovers soon good long rest for him remember seeing him at Raby last year was looking forward to seeing him again :wub: :wub: :wub:

10. dennned

we'll be at raby again , but no racing for my lad ,

11. slippy

slippy New Member Registered

this show has more dogs than any other :thumbsup: so must be doing something right.

12. chid21

aye and how many of the dogs have seen a days work ...... bet 3/4 of the dogs that attend shanes have never seen a rabbit, hare, fox or deer ...... which are legal quarry over here .... and i bet those 3/4 of dogs are bred as close to greyhound as possible to up there chances of winning a race

13. rodders

rodders New Member Registered

Chid21,hope you don't mind a question.Do you enter any of the racing events?

14. dennned

rodders , i'll answer that for poor little chid-----------------no cos theyre no fast enough , theyre real lurchers , aint that right chid , lol

15. longstone lass

longstone lass New Member Registered

2 losers comes to mind as well as postage stamp will tell yous that when i see you twats

16. chid21

yes i do/have entered my dog into races and he as won a few heats .... never won a final ...

yes den thats right he aint quick enough ... as he is a real lurcher lol

17. rodders

Your no fun,Stuart,you ought to give him the chance to say how his dogs do what lurchers are meant for,and then we can explain that for lurchers to do there job in the field,there's bound to have been a bit of speed bred into them,and we all know where the speed comes from,don't we chid,it comes from the likes of the dogs racing in the Master Mcgrath Challenge :thumbsup: Don't knock em cause without them you wouldn't have a lurcher to run.Just be grateful that an event has been put on that raises the awareness of lurchers to the outside world,and looking at the pics that Deirdre has put on Albert and co have done a grand job for all you lurcher owners in Ireland and beyond :thumbsup:

18. chid21

edited double post

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
  19. rodders

Your no fun,Stuart,you ought to give him the chance to say how his dogs do what lurchers are meant for,and then we can explain that for lurchers to do there job in the field,there's bound to have been a bit of speed bred into them,and we all know where the speed comes from,don't we chid,it comes from the likes of the dogs racing in the Master Mcgrath Challenge :thumbsup: Don't knock em cause without them you wouldn't have a lurcher to run.Just be grateful that an event has been put on that raises the awareness of lurchers to the outside world,and looking at the pics that Deirdre has put on Albert and co have done a grand job for all you lurcher owners in Ireland and beyond :thumbsup:

20. longstone lass

longstone lass New Member Registered

the chid boy got himself a racing dog of billy harpur and couldnt do anything with it god loves a tryer (w00t)