The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shirebrook Staff Evening Racing

Trojan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Shirebrook Staff will be racing again on Wednesday evenings starting this week weigh in to 6.15 racing to start as soon as programmes drawn.

:thumbsup:

Should point out racing on Saturday morning as normal too, weigh in to 11.30 am :thumbsup:

Good Luck Shirebrook :thumbsup: I heard some lovely comments about the track over the weekend.

Thanks Elise, its good to hear positive comments, especially for the people who have been involved with the work. Both Alan and Chris have put in alot of work over the last few months seeding, watering, fertilising adding compost to make for a safe running surface, improvements take time and money, unfortunately these things don't happen overnight or by themselves, so to have some appreciation shown makes it worthwhile. At the end of the day we all want the same end product, well organised whippet racing on a safe track with a good atmosphere. :thumbsup: (Sorry off my soap box now!)

Keep up good work Chris and shirebrook wrc club looking forward to champs there going to be some close races :thumbsup:

Not many here for the first evening meeting, but all the same a good night was had. We decided a trialling/puppy training night would be the best plan of action for tonight.

Was very laid back and enjoyable night. Diva and Chief had two trials off levels and both races were close calls, winning one each. Joyces youngster Sam had a full length trial with Kate and went well. Amanda and Richie's pups both had a couple of full length trials and are coming on nicely. Brians two out of Smoking Gun x Come on Ella having about half way slips both going really well. Mum's Bonzo had a solo and enjoyed his run. Chris was kept busy with his pups and had a few handslips (quite a few actually) I think we know who was the tiredest by the end of the session. Joyces Maisie looking good on her halfway trials :thumbsup:

Of course we then retired to the club house for light refreshments and cool beverages. Well a diet coke and a flake, some of it was ok Weightwatchers!!!!

Same time next week :thumbsup:

Nice write up Karen nice to hear how other peoples dogs are getting on :thumbsup:

Well what a day rain, rain and more rain did wonder if anyone would even bother to turn up tonight, wouldnt have been surprised if it had been a nil show, but seems there are a few people as mad as us lot. The rain stopped before we started weighing in and held off right through until the last two races and then it persisted it down, to say we were a little wet would be an understatement (w00t) Luckily most of the trialling had been done whilst weighing was taking place and in between the heats and finals !

Heat 1

Secret Spot 27 1st

My John 27 3rd

Never Say Never 27 2nd

Heat 2

Loshys Scratchy 31 1st

Shughell 31 3rd

Force Two 21 2nd

Heat 3

Shere Khan 30 2nd

Divalicious 27 1st

Plan B 21 3rd

Scratch

Jack Be Nimble

Skys Lad winner

C FInal

Shughell Winner

My John

Plan B 2nd

B Final

Shere Khan 2nd

Never Say Never Winner

Force Two

A Final (brilliant finish, glad i didnt blink at the wrong moment, very cose)

Loshys Scratchy Winner

Secret Spot

Divalicious 2nd

Racing Saturday as normal weigh in up to 11.30 am. :thumbsup:

Well we went to the track expecting no-one to turn up but yes there are more than us crazy lot willing to stand out and get wet and cold lol.

8 dogs for the ABC and 2 for a scratch race. :thumbsup:

Heat 1

Shere Khan. 29 1st

Never Say never. 26 2nd

Weardale Lady. 18 3rd

Heat 2

Divalicious. 27 1st

Red Spot. 21 2nd

Pipastrelle. 18 3rd

Heat 3

My John. 27 2nd

Plan B. 21 1st

Scratch

Deneside Colin

Chunks. 1st

C Final

Weardale Lady. Winner

Pipastrelle.

B Final

My John

Never Say Never. Winner

Red Spot.

A Final

Shere Khan

Divalicious. Winner

Plan B.

Thanks Sadie, your nearly as good as me at reporting now , I have taught you well, you just need a little more training on 'completing' the programme for the trap man, unless people tell you they don't want a second run you should include them in the finals !!! (w00t) :thumbsup: Ok I'll let you off this time it was raining and you had your hood up - maybe you didn't hear me clearly :wacko:

Haha I only copied what you had got down on what I thought was a completed final program I didn't hear you say "Sadie finish the program I started and then do a sheet for the trap man as well" lol I mean I have been busy tonight I RAN MY OWN DOG what more do you want lol xxx

Haha I only copied what you had got down on what I thought was a completed final program I didn't hear you say "Sadie finish the program I started and then do a sheet for the trap man as well" lol I mean I have been busy tonight I RAN MY OWN DOG what more do you want lol xxx
You did Sadie I am very proud of you, you just need to remember YOUR purse to pay for YOUR dog , who YOU run now, oh and i thought who paid entry fee received the winnings, seems I got that one wrong too hahaha ;) but no excuse now cos she ran just aswell for YOU as she does ME, I should fall down the stairs more then you might run your dog more haha (yes I was sober before anyone else asks!!!) lol

Well done winners your hardcore races at shirebrook :thumbsup:

Well done Sadie & Diva, did the board work then?

Karen, hope you are o.k. we don't bounce as well as we get older.lol

Thanks Gordon yeah the board worked great (w00t) she must have trapped well in both races which she hasn't done in weeks, think we've found the right size board for her :thumbsup:

2nd May 2012 160yds/2ft/lb

Shughell 31 4th

Never Say Never 26 1st

Red Spot 21 2nd

Weardale Lady 18 3rd

Dead Red 30 3rd

Shere Khan 29 1st

Pipastrelle 18 2nd

Its My Boy 28 3rd

Secret So 2 1st

Divalicious 2nd

Loshys Scratchy 3 1st

Plan B 22 3rd

No Limit Scratch

Skys Lad Winner

Chunks

Deneside Colin

U/36 Scratch

Jack Be Nimble

Showcase Winner

D Final

Shughell

C Final

Dead REd

Its My Boy

Plan B

Weardale Lady Winner

B Final

Divalicious 27 Winner

Force Two

Red Spot

Pippastrelle

A Final

Loshys Scratchy

Shere Khan

Secret Spot Winner

Never Say Never

A good nights racing again, some close finishes tonight but thanks to Sadie and her photo finish no quibbling over results, was there for all to see :thumbsup: (If she's really clever she might well put a few pics on) !! Spot the Ball was won by Natalie, hard luck Geoff !!!!

Thanks to the workers as usual much appreciated as always, thanks Gordon for doing the lure tonight, i know Chris appreciated being able to run his dogs himself for a change. Sadie your camera made my job easy tonight too, hope your going to come and set up very meeting cos i could get used to just waiting fr you to tell me results and me writing em down :thumbsup:

Loads of puppy trials again tonight :thumbsup:

ForceTwo 21 2nd

:wacko: Really should read what I've typed before posting, Secret So :wacko: and poor Force Two at the bottom of the page he should obviously been in the race with Loshys Scratchy and Plan B sorry mum !! It is late and I am tired -_-

Well done everyone :) Don't worry Karen, you're allowed the odd slip up :thumbsup:

9th May 2012

160yds/2ft/lb

Well another damp night, ok not damp wet race night but nevertheless some good races.

Loshys Scratchy 31 2nd

Jedward 22 3rd

Evolution 20 1st

Divalicious 27 1st

Plan B 22 3rd

Red Spot 21 2nd

Shere Khan 29 1st

Jets Quest 26 3rd

Chancer 24 2nd

C FINAL

Jets Quest w/d

Plan B 22 Winner

Jedward 22

B FINAL

Loshys Scratchy 31 Winner

Chancer 24

Red Spot 21

A FINAL

Shere Khan 29

Divaicious 27 Winner

Evolution 20

PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO RACING ON SATURDAY, DUE TO THE ANOTHER MAID OPEN ON SUNDAY.

16/05/2012

150yds/lb

A really nice evening weather wise for racing tonight, not a bad turnout 15 dogs racing and quite a few trials too.

Divalicious 27 2nd

Jets Quest 26

Force Two 21 3rd

Evolution 20 1st

My John 27 2nd

Trinity 27 3rd

Plan B 21 1st

Shughell 31 3rd

Chancer 23 2nd

Pipastrelle 17 1st

Mr Bit 29 3rd

Never Say Never 26 1st

Red Spot 21 2nd

D Final

Jets Quest

C Final

Shughell 31 2nd

Mr Bit 29

Trinity 27 Winner

Force Two 21

B Final

My John 27

Divalicious 27 2nd

Chancer 23

Red Spot 21 Winner

A Final

Never Say Never 26 2nd

Plan B 21

Evolution 20

Pipastrelle 17 Winner

Racing WILL be on Saturday for anyone wanting to run weigh in as normal to 11.30 am :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back